- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
Just hours after an outspoken United States,gun rights activist had boasted online on facebook about how ‘jacked’ up her son was, to shoot a weapon, she was, shot and wounded by her 4 year old son.
The 4 year old who was sitting in the back, managed to reach out and pick up the 45 calibre handgun, fire and injure his mum, Jamie Gilt, the Florida woman, a prominent firearms advocate in the United States, after the bullet travelled through the back seat and his mum’s body and wounding her in the abdomen.
The outspoken gun rights activist was spotted driving erratically by a police officer who came to her aid and she is now in a stable condition in hospital.
To some, such an unfortunate incident is certainly, ‘Dark irony’, considering how prominent she is on social media with her pro gun views.
The police have said this was not a criminal act but rather an accidental shooting. There are public concerns about, whether or not the mother had safely secured and stored the gun in the back. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photo-aunews-The mother is a social media activist and frequently posts images and messages about firearms on her social media accounts. Source: Facebook/Jamie Gilt.