- ESTRANGED WIFE OF BRIG GEN MUTISI , ex Zim Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) audit executive Dr Cleopatra Mutisi is facing murder charges
- AT LEAST SIX BILLS, lapsed after the august House failed to debate and pass them and dozed off during the First Session of the Ninth Parliament.
- MDC SEEKS HIGH COURT ORDER TO INTERDICT Home Affairs minister Mathema, Police Com-Gen Matanga and Officer Commanding Police Harare Central District from threatening the MDC party’s employees and interfering with the MDC business at Morgan Richard Tsvangirai House in Harare.
- DOCTORS AGAINST CONTROVERSIAL CORONERS OFFICE BILL AS IT VIOLATES their independence of conducting post-mortems without duress, ministerial directives and gives room to false reports
- TENDA BUS SERVICE OWNER, ERNEST MUNGWARI (72) arrested on allegations of obstructing the police and Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) officials from confiscating goods smuggled into the country.
Many people read the Bible and never realise the significance of the blank page between MALACHI the last book in the OLD Testament and MATTHEW, the first book in the NEW Testament. The blank page is referred to as the SILENT YEARS, the 400 years during which God revealed nothing new to the people. The Old Testament ends just over 400 years four hundred years before Christ (about 425 BC) , the 400 years between the Old and New Testaments since Malachi was written about 432-424 B.C. and Matthew was written about A.D. 40. This period is called the INTERTESTIMENTAL PERIOD.
MALACHI 4:5-6 closes with the warning, “Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD. He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse”
This is followed by a period stretching 400 years refered to as the 400 Silent Years , during which God revealed nothing to the people. In your bible you will notice there is a blank page between Malachi, the last book in the OLD testament and MATTHEW the First book in the NEW Testament. In Matthew 1 the genealogy of Jesus from Abraham to his legal father Joseph, his mother’s husband is explained then at verse 18, the virgin birth of Jesus Christ is explained.
The Old Testament traces the history of the Jewish people from Adam and Eve to the downfall of Israel’s theocracy and then to the reestablishment of the nation Israel in their land. The Old Testament stops with the book of Malachi – the last set of events surrounding the coming of Christ.The older scriptures contain 1) prophecy which validates its message and 2) history which reveals God and the sinful nature and character of men and women. Throughout the scriptures God was revealing Himself. But the most important reason for the Old Testament is to teach us who the Messiah would be and why He would come.
During the “400 years of silence” also called the intertestimental period, God was active in world history causing major political and military events to occur as He had predicted in the book of Daniel. During this time the nation of Greece came to power and was conquered by Rome. God had predicted this.It was now count down time to the coming of Messiah. The nation of Israel was under going change. The Pharisees, Sadducees, and scribes came to positions of influence. Israel was looking for Messiah. The stage was set for Jesus Christ to come . . .
CONCLUSION:During the “400 years of silence” God was fulfilling prophecy and counting down to the time that Jesus would arrive on this earth and then eventually die. God told us that Messiah would die in one year and in only one year – A.D. 33. No one who has lived before or after that year can or will qualify to be Messiah – only Jesus Christ. Sibusiso Ngwenya source never thirsty.INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1)Zimbabwe News 4 us Zimbabweans 206,362Members2)ZIMBABWE NEWS, BUILDING A PROSPEROUS POST 2018 VISION 32,224 Members3) New Zimbabwe Vision group 18,708 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,802 likes22,796 followers.
https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967 Followed by 12,351 people.