- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
Riding on the back of the horrific act of hatred in which 50 people were killed in a mass shooting attack in the US, is yet again, another evil act of murder in which a UK MP was shot and stabbed to death.
The Vote Leave and Remain campaigns in the EU referendum have been suspended on both sides after the Labour MP for Batley and Spen, Jo Cox (41), died after being shot and stabbed in her constituency.
The deceased Jo Cox, 41, was a mother of two, and the first female sitting UK MP, ever, to be killed. She is also the first MP to be killed since 1990.
Her attacker, a 52 year old man, reportedly connected to a South African right wing organisation, is said to have shouted, twice “put Britain first”
Her attacker allegedly, is reported to have calmly reloaded his weapon between shots and kicked the MP as she lay helplessly on the ground bleeding to death, then walked off, reportedly after stabbing a 77-year-old man who attempted to help.
. The culprit who was identified in the community as ‘ Tommy Mair’, was arrested in Market Street, near Birstall Library where MP Jo Cox had been conducting a constituency surgery. By Sibusiso Ngwenya