- MALI'S ENTIRE GOVERNMENT RESIGNS AFTER 134 people were massacred in an attack on a village in central Mali a few weeks ago.
- OVER 215 drums of bitumen (USS$4 million) were stolen at a road construction site in Chivhu last week, crime is a lifestyle in Zimbabwe.
- SILOBELA, DAM SITE BOTTLE STORE patrons shot by driver Mike Mlilo (35) at Insukamini Business Centre, 1dead, 1critically injured after they accused him of flashing them with his lights
- 'MALAWI has 10,000 Albinos, abduct, murder or mutilate albinos for wealth charms from body parts and rape albinos as an HIV cure'.
- At least 28 hippos found in Ethiopia’s national park in the southwest of the country-cause of death unknown
Civil society leaders who include Mr Rashid Mahiya, the chairperson of Crisis in Zimbabwe Coalition, Mr Thabani Moyo, the director of Media Institute of Southern Africa, MDC Alliance MP for Harare North Joana Mamombe, Calvin Kobiri of Zimbabwe Doctors for Human Rights and director of Combined Harare Residents Association Mr Mfundo Mlilo among others are being hosted in the neighbouring country by Amnesty International, an anti-Government entity.
Others who fled the arrests include Tineyi Mukwena of Abameli Lawyers for Human Rights Network, Conrad Munyaradzi who is the advocacy and communications manager at HelpAge Zimbabwe, Tendai Chabvuta formerly with the Zimbabwe Human Rights Forum and Pride Mukono of Generational Consensus.
“The fugitives are hiding in South Africa and are now begging their foreign handlers for funding to escalate protests in the country following the first wave of protests that left a trail of destruction,” said the source.
MDC Alliance activists, among them Councillor Godfrey Kurauone of Masvingo City Council, co-ordinated and participated in the protests. They are reportedly hiding in Melville, Johannesburg. Five of the activists are from Bulawayo and are on the police wanted list for co-ordinating WhatsApp groups and inciting people to protest.