- CIVIL SERVANTS REJECT 76% salary hike to (RTGS1 000 /US10 per month as meaningless against the inflation in Zimbabwe
- CHAMISA , Crown Council leader Ncube, Social Democracy Forum and Ibhetshu lika Zulu SG Fuzwayo visit Ndiweni at Khami prison
- MATEBELELAND, MUST stay loyal to founding father Joshua Nkomo, and vote Zanu-PF, says SK Moyo
- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
Civil society leaders who include Mr Rashid Mahiya, the chairperson of Crisis in Zimbabwe Coalition, Mr Thabani Moyo, the director of Media Institute of Southern Africa, MDC Alliance MP for Harare North Joana Mamombe, Calvin Kobiri of Zimbabwe Doctors for Human Rights and director of Combined Harare Residents Association Mr Mfundo Mlilo among others are being hosted in the neighbouring country by Amnesty International, an anti-Government entity.
Others who fled the arrests include Tineyi Mukwena of Abameli Lawyers for Human Rights Network, Conrad Munyaradzi who is the advocacy and communications manager at HelpAge Zimbabwe, Tendai Chabvuta formerly with the Zimbabwe Human Rights Forum and Pride Mukono of Generational Consensus.
“The fugitives are hiding in South Africa and are now begging their foreign handlers for funding to escalate protests in the country following the first wave of protests that left a trail of destruction,” said the source.
MDC Alliance activists, among them Councillor Godfrey Kurauone of Masvingo City Council, co-ordinated and participated in the protests. They are reportedly hiding in Melville, Johannesburg. Five of the activists are from Bulawayo and are on the police wanted list for co-ordinating WhatsApp groups and inciting people to protest.