- ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according to Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
- 2 Student nurses in a unit for the mentally infirm, jailed for stoning and filming distressed patients on their mobiles
- GOVERNMENT DISMISSES EX-VP MPHOKO'S US$300 000 in pension benefits claim as the Public Service Commission (PSC) says Mphoko will only be paid his pension in local currency ZWL$ and should not expect any other benefits.
- MARRY CHIWENGA SPILLS THE BEANS: VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE , Marry, jells court that the retired army general harbours an ambition to take over the presidency and Chiwenga registered all assets in his relatives’ names in an effort to avoid sanctions that were imposed on him by the United States government.
- TWO TONNES- 92 BAGS/ 2 tonnes of mbanje/ cannabis/ wacky tobacco/ weed found at Forbes Border Post in a truck from Malawi, driver fled
President Robert Mugabe will not die anytime soon as God will not “take him” until people in Zanu PF are organised, State Security minister Kembo Mohadi has declared.
He said if Mugabe, 91 dies now, his successors in Zanu PF ‘will sell this country back to the whites’.
Mohadi, made the remarks after he castigated some ruling party members for fanning factionalism through jostling for top positions.
He was the guest speaker at the Zanu PF Midlands provincial co-ordinating committee meeting at the weekend.
Zanu PF is battling factionalism.
“There are some today, who are saying (to Mugabe) accept old age and we want to take over,” he said.
“But can you manage? He (Mugabe) will remain there until you are straight and God will not take him because most of you will sell this country back to the whites.”
He said Mugabe was full of experience and wisdom, which could not be matched by anyone in the party.
“Our leader (Mugabe) has the people at heart and he is one of the poorest leaders in the world because he doesn’t worship material gains like some of you,” Mohadi fumed.