- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
- 'RYANAIR BOSS Michael O'Leary branded 'racist' after suggesting Muslim men should face extra searches at airports. because Muslim men 'are more likely to be terrorists'
, Elton Mangoma, has ruled out any coalition with Joice Mujuru’s People First project, accusing the former vice president of presiding over a system which he said worsened his disability.
Mangoma got polio at a tender age resulting in him being permanently disabled but on Wednesday he claimed his disability worsened in March 2007 when he was assaulted by police following his arrest in Highfields.
“When I was arrested, I was thoroughly beaten up and my knee cap shattered which forced me to undergo a reconstructive surgery.
“If anyone increased my disability it is Zanu PF. You can also understand who the vice president was when I was beaten. How do we work together under such circumstances?” said Mangoma in reference to Mujuru.
Mangoma, who was addressing journalists at the Bulawayo Press Club, said his party has decided to abandon the MDC brand and adopt a new logo and name.
“We have chosen a flying bird as our new logo. The logo simplifies freedom.
“The people from provinces who have been disgruntled with the goings on in the Renewal Team decided on this new logo and name at the party’s launch in June,” said Mangoma.
The former energy minister said his party decided to disown the MDC brand because “it has lost value”.
“There are some people who think the MDC brand still has value.
“Our view is that it no longer has value. If anything, it has got negative value and that is the reason why we are making a clean break away from it,” he said. source-newzimbabwe