- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
- EBOLA , (BSE)/mad cow disease, now Corona Virus from Covid affecting the whole globe-source meat..hmn-
Makokoba MP and War Veterans deputy minister and Tshinga Dube has called for speedy installation of chiefs in cities to help police in handling crime and settling domestic disputes.
Dube told members of his constituency last Saturday that chiefs would bring dignity to communities and enforce cultural practices and values.
He said the chiefs would also deal with people facing starvation.
Already there are more than 200 traditional chiefs in rural areas.
He said: “I am a strong advocate for traditional chiefs to be installed in cities. It’s an effective system.
“There should be chiefs in Makokoba, Njube, Nguboyenja and other areas to deal with same issues as those in rural areas.
“Those chiefs will deal with family problems and I don’t see the reason for someone to report to the police that his or her daughter has been impregnated. Those are issues for the chiefs and they won’t interfere with the law. Source: Southern Eye – See more at: http://www.newzimbabwevision.com