- 14 of 15 Ethiopians arrested, while hiding at a Gwanda homestead one week, failed to cross into SA due to Covid-19 border closure of Beitbridge Border Post
- UK SUSPECTED COVID-19 OUTBREAK has left 13 care home residents dead, at Burlington Court Care Home in Glasgow, with two of the care home's staff tested positive for COVID-19, now hospitalised and being treated in separate hospitals
- CORONAVIRUS: SPAIN- 864 people have died over 24 hours, a fall of 120 deaths, 9,000 dead as infection rate slows down in Spain,
- The total number of Corona-virus deaths across Europe has now gone beyond 30,000.
- CORONA: OVER 260 Zimbabweans, including Botswana deportees , are isolated at Plumtree High School, in unhygienic and squalid conditions
There is heightened security activity in Kenya ahead of the US President Barrack Obama’s arrival today on his first Presidential visit. Barrack Obama previously visited Kenya his late father’s homeland a village named Kogello which he last visited in 2006 when he was a senator. See photos of a previous visit by Obama as a young man to Kenya to see his step grandmother Mama Sarah Obama who raised his father.
At present, the ancestral village is not on the the Presidential itinerary for a visit but ancestral village is not on the itinerary, but residents, including his step-grandmother, are hoping for a last minute change and roads and buildings have been spruced up in anticipation of such an outcome.
The president’s last visit to his ancestral village was when he was 25 years old. by Sibusiso Ngwenya. see more at www.newzimbabwevision.com
photo-A then youthful Barrack Obamabwith his step grandmother Mama Sarah Obama