- 85 UK COVID -19 DEATHS in the last 24 hours, total 45,053 deaths across all settings.
- 'UNITED NATIONS SAYS , ZIMBABWE'S POLITICAL polarisation, poor governance and a fragile economy have exacerbated people's discontent with government, adding Mnangagwa should address the root cause of the problems rather than engage in excessive use of force '.
- FORMER ZIMBABWE DEPUTY AMBASSADOR TO TANZANIA in the 1980s, Stanley Chabvepi (68) died last week and was buried over the weekend at his rural home in Mufuka village under Chief Marozva in Bikita.
- FORMER ARMY COMMANDER, VICE-PRESIDENT CONTANTINO CHIWENGA AIRLIFTED BACK TO CHINA amid reports his troubling health had deteriorated, and he has missed two Cabinet meetings and a Zanu-PF politburo meeting, among other high-profile events.
- MASVINGO CITY PLACED IN FULL LOCKDOWN BY POLICE to contain the spread of COVID-19.
There is heightened security activity in Kenya ahead of the US President Barrack Obama’s arrival today on his first Presidential visit. Barrack Obama previously visited Kenya his late father’s homeland a village named Kogello which he last visited in 2006 when he was a senator. See photos of a previous visit by Obama as a young man to Kenya to see his step grandmother Mama Sarah Obama who raised his father.
At present, the ancestral village is not on the the Presidential itinerary for a visit but ancestral village is not on the itinerary, but residents, including his step-grandmother, are hoping for a last minute change and roads and buildings have been spruced up in anticipation of such an outcome.
The president’s last visit to his ancestral village was when he was 25 years old. by Sibusiso Ngwenya. see more at www.newzimbabwevision.com
photo-A then youthful Barrack Obamabwith his step grandmother Mama Sarah Obama