- 3National Railways of ZIMBABWE workers died last night in train crash between Mutare and Machipanda
- ZANU-PF initiates MNANGAGWA third term in office campaign
- 'I and my family are Zanu- PF and will not donate to opposition '-Chivayo
- Jailed Russian Alexei Navalny an opposition leader, has died
- 2 South Africa soldiers killed, 2 wounded in DRC (SADC) training.
The Zifa executive committee has suspended Edzai Kasinauyo over allegations of planning to fix the outcome of the 2017 Afcon qualifier between Swaziland and Zimbabwe at the end of the month.
Zifa announced suspension of Kasinauyo, who is an executive committee member responsible for technical affairs, in a statement released after their meeting in Harare on Tuesday.
Details of the reasons for the suspension are still sketchy with Zifa only pointing out that there were moves to fix the Swaziland, Zimbabwe tie and Kasinauyo was at the centre of it.
The statement reads; “ The Zimbabwe Football Association Executive committee would like to inform the football fraternity and the nation at large that following its meeting held in Harare today (Tuesday, March 08 2016), it has provisionally suspended Executive Committee member Edzai Kasinauyo,” it reads.
“The suspension has been occasioned by allegations of match fixing ahead of the 2017 Orange Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match between Zimbabwe and Swaziland.Mr Kasinauyo has been fingered in the match fixing scam and investigations are going on. The ZIFA president Dr Phillip Chiyangwa will issue a statement after consultations with COSAFA, CAF , FIFA and the Government of Zimbabwe.”
…details to follow
By Kevin Mapasure. Source-Newsday