- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
- A POLICE OFFICER , Constable Cosmas Kwangwari, based at Chivhu Police Station died on the spot on Friday after he was run over by a haulage truck which had six passengers on board and was evading a roadblock at the 136-kilometre peg along the Harare-Masvingo Highway.ble
- NELSON CHAMISA THE MDC ALLIANCE PRESIDENT, has promised to block Zimbabwe's 2023 national elections if necessary political and electoral reforms are not implemented.
- VICE PRESIDENT MOHADI SAYS, 'We got our independence from Britain, but the white man never gave us Black Natives, knowledge on how to run our economy,'... Interesting!
The Zifa executive committee has suspended Edzai Kasinauyo over allegations of planning to fix the outcome of the 2017 Afcon qualifier between Swaziland and Zimbabwe at the end of the month.
Zifa announced suspension of Kasinauyo, who is an executive committee member responsible for technical affairs, in a statement released after their meeting in Harare on Tuesday.
Details of the reasons for the suspension are still sketchy with Zifa only pointing out that there were moves to fix the Swaziland, Zimbabwe tie and Kasinauyo was at the centre of it.
The statement reads; “ The Zimbabwe Football Association Executive committee would like to inform the football fraternity and the nation at large that following its meeting held in Harare today (Tuesday, March 08 2016), it has provisionally suspended Executive Committee member Edzai Kasinauyo,” it reads.
“The suspension has been occasioned by allegations of match fixing ahead of the 2017 Orange Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match between Zimbabwe and Swaziland.Mr Kasinauyo has been fingered in the match fixing scam and investigations are going on. The ZIFA president Dr Phillip Chiyangwa will issue a statement after consultations with COSAFA, CAF , FIFA and the Government of Zimbabwe.”
…details to follow
By Kevin Mapasure. Source-Newsday