- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
David Mamvura, 22, a Fairbridge Barracks police officer, certainly rues the day he lost his cool against a fellow officer with a brick on the head.
On the 22 of December Mamvura lost it after Zimba who had been given US$1 advised him the bar maid did not have 25 cents change for opaque beer, subsequently assaulting Zimba with two bricks even though Zimba managed to obtain the 25 cents change from the bar maid after seeing his colleague’s anger.
A Bulawayo regional magistrate, Mark Dzira was not amused at all that a Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) could lose it and effectively tarnish the ‘image ‘ of the police force,…no that the public think highly of the ruthless black boots or riot police force in which they are employed at Fairbridge police station.
He was sentenced to serve five years in prison after two years were suspended on condition that he does not commit period within the same time.
The magistrate informed Mamvura to appeal to the High Court if he wanted to challenge the sentence.
Zimba collapsed due to the life threatening head injuries sustained to his head and was immediately rushed to hospital for treatment.
Strangely enough, the same Zanu PF partisan police force , ‘black boots/ riot police are notoriously violent and conduct their operations lawlessly as they assault civillians for defiance to Mugabe’s oppressive authority yet they are never charged over the injuries or death of the innocent public.
For once, the public are left feeling a sense of satisfaction that a member of the ruthless ‘black boots’ is facing a lengthy term in dark, lice and rat filled prison cells where prisoners face starvation.
Welcome to what the people of Zimbabwe experience from the brutal police force. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
picture, ‘Black Boots’ / Riot police doing what they know best in an incident in which protesting defenceless Harare female students were brutally assaulted