- 4 INJURED IN ZUPCO BUS AND haulage truck accident intersection of Seventh Street and Samora Machel Avenue on Wednesday.
- 13 staff at Mater Dei Hospital and all residents at Qalisa Retirement Village , were placed in isolation after a male resident (79) died on Saturday
- Botswana Gvt Director of Health Shipayagae, places all 57 MPs in quarantine after a parliamentary nurse tested positive for Covid-19,
- MDC ALLIANCE VP NCUBE calls for the resignation of Senators Komichi, Mudzuri and Mwonzora , for openly associating themselves with a recent court order that invalidated Nelson Chamisa's tenure as leader of the MDC opposition.
- LESSONS FOR AFRICA'S LEADERS AND THE PEOPLE REGARDING FIRST WORLD-case in Point British PM, Johnson coronavirus hospitalisation in the London St Thomas Hospital ICU
PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe has said that African leaders have refused to recognise his leadership on regional bodies at the prodding of the French government.
Mugabe told the central committee of his ruling Zanu-PF party last Friday that he has been snubbed by regional leaders while serving as rotating chairman of the African Union and the Southern African Development Community.
Zimbabwe’s President Mugabe attends the opening speech of the high-level segment of the UN Climate Change Conference 2009 in Copenhagen
In Ivory Coast, a former French colony, President Alassane Ouattara blocked Mugabe from entering the country after his plane landed at the airport, Mugabe said, without giving more details.
“The French are saying that Mugabe is a dangerous man and don’t work with him,” he said in the capital, Harare. Britain is also trying to exert the same influence, he said.
The 91-year-old leader has ruled Zimbabwe since the nation won independence from Britain in 1980.
Mugabe was re-elected in 2013 in polling the opposition described as fraudulent.Source: online