- AVERAGE 65 % of Bulawayo patients suffer mental disorder, mostly drug addiction related, among other issues, cited as a major causes.
- PINT OF BEER GOES UP from $8 to $12, while a 750ml bottle has gone up from $12 to $20
- 'NKAYI MAN (20) arrested for raping a woman (80) after hitting her with an iron bar'.
- Registrar General Committee to vet people who deserve passports, an illegal and a violation of the Zimbabwe constitution
- MATEBELELAND, vow to shut down Nursing schools over tribal recruitment exercise in place of locals, no lessons until locals are recruited.
PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe has said that African leaders have refused to recognise his leadership on regional bodies at the prodding of the French government.
Mugabe told the central committee of his ruling Zanu-PF party last Friday that he has been snubbed by regional leaders while serving as rotating chairman of the African Union and the Southern African Development Community.
Zimbabwe’s President Mugabe attends the opening speech of the high-level segment of the UN Climate Change Conference 2009 in Copenhagen
In Ivory Coast, a former French colony, President Alassane Ouattara blocked Mugabe from entering the country after his plane landed at the airport, Mugabe said, without giving more details.
“The French are saying that Mugabe is a dangerous man and don’t work with him,” he said in the capital, Harare. Britain is also trying to exert the same influence, he said.
The 91-year-old leader has ruled Zimbabwe since the nation won independence from Britain in 1980.
Mugabe was re-elected in 2013 in polling the opposition described as fraudulent.Source: online