- Dr THOMAS COWAN HYPOTHESISES THAT THE CORONA VIRUS may be history repeating itself and caused by 5G at the Health And Human Rights Summit in Tucson, Arizona.
- BULAWAYO POLICE ARREST HUNDREDS of people who were queuing at TM Hyper to buy maize meal, a few hours after the police issued an order instructing people to vacate the CBD and follow the Lockdown regulations that seek to effect social distancing.
- JUDGEMENT that Chamisa is not the legitimate leader of the MDC -T, reinforces Khupe's claim to MDC constitutional leadership and control of MDC finances, assets including, buildings, furniture, vehicles and documents, literally all MDC material as the acting president of the MDC at law.
- MDC ALLIANCE VP Welshman Ncube agrees with the judges yesterday that Chamisa is not the legitimate leader of the MDC -T.
- MDC Alliance VP Ncube confronted Komichi and Mwonzora on "the Zanu-PF" strategy to destroy the main opposition through the courts.
THE government has moved the 2015 bonus payments to employees of state universities from this month to June 3, 2016.In a letter to the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development Willard Manungo said payment dates were guided by Treasury revenue inflows.
“Please be advised that the 2015 bonus for State University staff will be paid on June 3, 2016, while the April 2016 salaries will be paid on May 16, 2016.
“Guided by the foregoing, Treasury hereby proposes to support payment of May salaries to employees of state universities on June 13, 2016. Payment dates for the month of June 2016 will be communicated in due course taking into account the revenue inflows,” said Manungo.
Civil servants who include the army, police, prison officers, those in the health sector and teachers have already been paid their 2015 bonuses.
The government has been forced by cashflow challenges to stagger payment of bonuses.
At least 83 percent of government revenue is gobbled by salaries hence the government has come up with a number of strategies to reduce the wage bill. by Pamela Shumba