- WHO remembers that in July 2017, the despot 94 year old deposed former president Robert Mugabe the then Zanu Pf leader donated US $1 mllion of his own money to AU while the struggling Zimbabwe nation collapsed
- 'TENSION mounts between Mnangagwa and the military , amid revelations that the army is exerting overbearing influence on the executive'.
- Relations between President Emmerson Mnangagwa and deposed former president Robert Mugabe are now at an all time low after numerous developments exposed Mnangagwa's hypocrisy in keeping Mugabe safe.
- 'MDC T VP Dr Thokozani Khupe apologises to all who may have been offended by the uncharacteristic representation of MDC-T '
- BULAWAYO POLICE RECOVER THE DEAD BODY OF AN unidentified woman was found , undressed with a boulder on her head
In an interview, Zanu-PF secretary for finance Obert Mpofu, who is leading the fundraising committee, said Bulawayo has complained that it has not been considered in this initiative.
“We are starting with Harare this Friday (tomorrow) and then on the 27th will be in Bulawayo due to demand. Bulawayo has complained that it has not been considered in this initiative so we are moving there,” he said.
Mpofu said all the country’s provinces were geared up in preparations for the annual event.
“We are inviting corporates and people from various sectors in the country.
“Government officials, corporates, marketing personnel and community leaders can attend and we have different tables all accommodating 10 people,” he said.
The Harare fundraising dinner which will be held tomorrow is expected to raise at least US$1 million. Vice President and Zanu-PF second secretary Emmerson Mnangagwa will be the guest of honour.
A platinum table costs US$100 000 while gold goes for US$50 000.
A silver and bronze table cost US$30 000 and US$10 000 respectively.
The party’s 15th Annual National People’s Conference is scheduled for Victoria Falls between December 7 and 13 and at least US$3 million is needed to fund the conference.
More than 6 000 delegates are expected to attend the conference which will be officially opened by President Mugabe on December 11.Source: the herald