- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
In an interview, Zanu-PF secretary for finance Obert Mpofu, who is leading the fundraising committee, said Bulawayo has complained that it has not been considered in this initiative.
“We are starting with Harare this Friday (tomorrow) and then on the 27th will be in Bulawayo due to demand. Bulawayo has complained that it has not been considered in this initiative so we are moving there,” he said.
Mpofu said all the country’s provinces were geared up in preparations for the annual event.
“We are inviting corporates and people from various sectors in the country.
“Government officials, corporates, marketing personnel and community leaders can attend and we have different tables all accommodating 10 people,” he said.
The Harare fundraising dinner which will be held tomorrow is expected to raise at least US$1 million. Vice President and Zanu-PF second secretary Emmerson Mnangagwa will be the guest of honour.
A platinum table costs US$100 000 while gold goes for US$50 000.
A silver and bronze table cost US$30 000 and US$10 000 respectively.
The party’s 15th Annual National People’s Conference is scheduled for Victoria Falls between December 7 and 13 and at least US$3 million is needed to fund the conference.
More than 6 000 delegates are expected to attend the conference which will be officially opened by President Mugabe on December 11.Source: the herald