- Zimbabwe is experiencing a new beginning aimed at achieving political and economic gain. The media are powerful growth accelerators if handled correctly and we the media have the power to bring positive change
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) has appointed Ms Faith Mazani as its new Commissioner-General with effect from 1 February 2018
- "MDC T being the largest opposition must lead by example in picking a leader. As per MDC T Constitution elect leaders at Congress and not handpick them?'-Temba Mliswa
- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
FORMER Zifa vice-president Ndumiso Gumede has explained what inspired his ‘new’ hairstyle which went viral on social media recently.
The retired football administrator, 71, told H-Metro that he decided to have dreadlocks just for a change.
“So what happened was that I realised I was formal for too long and I decided to have dreadlocks for a new look,” Gumede said.
He dismissed allegations that he is now a traditional healer or has simply gone nuts.
“I am not a sangoma as people are saying. After all, it’s just me with dreadlocks, a simple man.
“Since I am no longer involved in football circles, I wanted to create a new look for me which is exactly what I did and I am happy with the results because I actually did all the work myself,” said Gumede.
The former Zifa boss ruled out bouncing back into football, saying it is time for the young blood to play their part.
“I think I played my part very well in the football circles and now is the opportunity for others to play their part as well.
“At the moment I’m working with BEKEZELA, a Non Governmental Organisation in my home town Nyathi.
“The organisation deals with HIV and AIDS, advocacy, helping orphans and the under privileged children,” he said.
Source – hmetro