- ESTRANGED WIFE OF BRIG GEN MUTISI , ex Zim Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) audit executive Dr Cleopatra Mutisi is facing murder charges
- AT LEAST SIX BILLS, lapsed after the august House failed to debate and pass them and dozed off during the First Session of the Ninth Parliament.
- MDC SEEKS HIGH COURT ORDER TO INTERDICT Home Affairs minister Mathema, Police Com-Gen Matanga and Officer Commanding Police Harare Central District from threatening the MDC party’s employees and interfering with the MDC business at Morgan Richard Tsvangirai House in Harare.
- DOCTORS AGAINST CONTROVERSIAL CORONERS OFFICE BILL AS IT VIOLATES their independence of conducting post-mortems without duress, ministerial directives and gives room to false reports
- TENDA BUS SERVICE OWNER, ERNEST MUNGWARI (72) arrested on allegations of obstructing the police and Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) officials from confiscating goods smuggled into the country.
Narrating to the situation in his constituency before the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Local Government, Public Works and National Housing today, the legislator could not hold back his tears.
He said people are fleeced of their earnings by land barons operating with impunity in his constituency, adding that fights, some of which leave some home seekers in hospital, have become commonplace as a result of the irregular land allocations.
The Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing, July Moyo said his ministry has its hands full as it battles to clean the mess created by irregular land allocations.
He said similar challenges are being faced where some stands are being irregularly downsized, resulting in some people losing infrastructure they would have invested on their stands.
Buhera South legislator, Joseph Chinotimba said to deal with the problem effectively, the government must first acknowledge the extent of the rot in the sector.
Meanwhile, Moyo said the construction of the new parliament building in Mt Hampden will commence with a ceremony of the laying of a foundation for the building on Friday 30 November.