- FOUR armed robbers,out on bail on 24 armed robbery charges were shot dead during a shootout with police in Kwekwe late on Wednesday.
- President Mnangagwa finally admits that his deputy VP Chiwenga, missing from publicity for months, is hospitalised in South Africa.
- PARLIAMENTARY PUBLIC ACCOUNTS REVEALS THAT US$3 Billion dollars disappeared through the Command Agriculture between December 2017 and 2018
- 'ZIM descends into a banana republic with military leaders and political leaders running militias who command some sections of the armed forces'
- '4armed robbers George Machanyangwa (37), Harmony Nyati (29), Polite Madamombe (34) and Titus Mashava (42) shot dead by police in Kwekwe'.
Narrating to the situation in his constituency before the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Local Government, Public Works and National Housing today, the legislator could not hold back his tears.
He said people are fleeced of their earnings by land barons operating with impunity in his constituency, adding that fights, some of which leave some home seekers in hospital, have become commonplace as a result of the irregular land allocations.
The Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing, July Moyo said his ministry has its hands full as it battles to clean the mess created by irregular land allocations.
He said similar challenges are being faced where some stands are being irregularly downsized, resulting in some people losing infrastructure they would have invested on their stands.
Buhera South legislator, Joseph Chinotimba said to deal with the problem effectively, the government must first acknowledge the extent of the rot in the sector.
Meanwhile, Moyo said the construction of the new parliament building in Mt Hampden will commence with a ceremony of the laying of a foundation for the building on Friday 30 November.