- AVERAGE 65 % of Bulawayo patients suffer mental disorder, mostly drug addiction related, among other issues, cited as a major causes.
- PINT OF BEER GOES UP from $8 to $12, while a 750ml bottle has gone up from $12 to $20
- 'NKAYI MAN (20) arrested for raping a woman (80) after hitting her with an iron bar'.
- Registrar General Committee to vet people who deserve passports, an illegal and a violation of the Zimbabwe constitution
- MATEBELELAND, vow to shut down Nursing schools over tribal recruitment exercise in place of locals, no lessons until locals are recruited.
Zanu-PF secretary for finance Obert Mpofu has reportedly made sweeping changes to the ruling party’s treasury department and demanded a forensic audit.
It is also understood that Mpofu, a former Mines minister and now relegated to the obscure Macro-Economic portfolio, has gone as far as opening new accounts for the party finances.
“Mpofu has also opened completely new party accounts, refusing to use the same accounts that were being used by those who came before him,” a Zanu-PF insider said.
Mpofu was elevated to the fifth most powerful portfolio in Zanu-PF’s administrative arm, the politburo, following the most divisive and acrimonious December 2014 congress – Source-bulawayo24