- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
Critics and the opposition accuse Mugabe of turning a blind eye to graft, especially among his close allies and ministers, and say endemic corruption is one reason that foreign companies are not investing in the Southern African nation.
Mugabe said in a speech published in the state-owned Herald newspaper on Wednesday that his government would present a Code of Corporate Governance Bill for debate during the current session of parliament, the first such law aimed at bringing transparency among government officials.
“The scourge of corruption continues to rear its ugly head at all levels of our society,” Mugabe said.
“A code of conduct will be put in place, in terms of which all high level public office holders shall be required to disclose their assets upon assumption of office, or to declare their interests on matters that may create scope for conflict of interest.”
Zimbabwe was last year ranked 156 out of 174 countries on the Transparency International index, which measures public perceptions of corruption in public institutions.
Parliament has recalled lawmakers for a special seating later on Wednesday but officials did not say whether Mugabe would attend to deliver the speech outlining his plans on graft.
Mugabe had on Tuesday read the wrong speech in parliament before the newspaper ran the correct one.Source – Reuters
– See more at: http://www.newzimbabwevision.com