- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,
Swaziland king country run by one of the world’s absolute monarch’s King Mswati III has renamed the country to now be ‘the Kingdom of eSwatini’ as announced by King Mswati III of Swaziland on Wednesday 18 th April 2018 in a stadium at celebrations for the 50th anniversary of Swazi independence and also King Mswati III’s 50th birthday.
The Kingdom of eSwatini, which is the new name, means the “land of the Swazis”. The name change while unexpected is not new because King Mswati has been referring to Swaziland for years as eSwatini, adding that whenever they go abroad, people refer to Swaziland as Switzerland.
The name change has allegedly infuriated some in the country, feel that the priority should be on addressing Swaziland’s slow economy.
eSwatini’s is on record for being criticised by human rights activists over banning political parties and discriminating against women.
King Mswati who currently has 15 wives is the son of King Sobhuza II, who reigned over Swaziland for 82 years, and allegedly had 125 wives during his reign.
King Mswati III, who is commonly referred to as Ngwenyama or “the lion”, is widely recognised for his numerous wives andlove of traditional dress. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya