- DOMBOSHAVA MAN ( 38) ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTEMPTING to kill his three children by poisoning them.
- BULAWAYO MAN ARRESTED FOR ASSAULTING WIFE AND SHAVING HER HEAD WITH AN OKAPI KNIFE after she followed him to a sports bet shop to stop him from "wasting money."
- INFORMATION IS POWER!- Lets invite friends and family worldwide and grow our numbers as fast as 'bullet trains' and shift the balance of power from our oppressors to the people of Zimbabwe.
- ZAMBIA BANS ZIMBABWE'S MAZOE JUICE as it suspects that the imported Mazoe drink does not meet the national food safety standards.
- UNITED STATES LAUNCHES a five-year $35 million program that will offer services to 250,000 HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children, 59,500 households, and 15,000 vulnerable youth.
Swaziland king country run by one of the world’s absolute monarch’s King Mswati III has renamed the country to now be ‘the Kingdom of eSwatini’ as announced by King Mswati III of Swaziland on Wednesday 18 th April 2018 in a stadium at celebrations for the 50th anniversary of Swazi independence and also King Mswati III’s 50th birthday.
The Kingdom of eSwatini, which is the new name, means the “land of the Swazis”. The name change while unexpected is not new because King Mswati has been referring to Swaziland for years as eSwatini, adding that whenever they go abroad, people refer to Swaziland as Switzerland.
The name change has allegedly infuriated some in the country, feel that the priority should be on addressing Swaziland’s slow economy.
eSwatini’s is on record for being criticised by human rights activists over banning political parties and discriminating against women.
King Mswati who currently has 15 wives is the son of King Sobhuza II, who reigned over Swaziland for 82 years, and allegedly had 125 wives during his reign.
King Mswati III, who is commonly referred to as Ngwenyama or “the lion”, is widely recognised for his numerous wives andlove of traditional dress. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya