- 'ONLY THIRTY' attend Movement for Democratic Change formation led by Thokozani Khupe at their manifesto launch in Harare
- PHOTOS OF TOYAL HIGHNESSES THE DUKE AND DUCHESSOF SUSSEX, WEDDING PHOTOS-was a special one indeed as she smiled throughout, the wedding,
- ROYAL WEDDING, TO BE WATCHED BY OVER ONE BILLION PEOPLE WORLDWIDE Die hard Royal fans, in their thousands are streaming to the Windsor area in London, for space to watch the historical event as Megan Markle marries Prince Harry at St Georges Chapel
- A CUBANA de AVIACION Boeing 737-200 has crashed with 104 people on board on takeoff from Havana's Jose Marti International Airport.
- MASS SCHOOL SHOOTING AT SANTA FE HIGH SCHOOL IN USA, leaves ten dead
Swaziland king country run by one of the world’s absolute monarch’s King Mswati III has renamed the country to now be ‘the Kingdom of eSwatini’ as announced by King Mswati III of Swaziland on Wednesday 18 th April 2018 in a stadium at celebrations for the 50th anniversary of Swazi independence and also King Mswati III’s 50th birthday.
The Kingdom of eSwatini, which is the new name, means the “land of the Swazis”. The name change while unexpected is not new because King Mswati has been referring to Swaziland for years as eSwatini, adding that whenever they go abroad, people refer to Swaziland as Switzerland.
The name change has allegedly infuriated some in the country, feel that the priority should be on addressing Swaziland’s slow economy.
eSwatini’s is on record for being criticised by human rights activists over banning political parties and discriminating against women.
King Mswati who currently has 15 wives is the son of King Sobhuza II, who reigned over Swaziland for 82 years, and allegedly had 125 wives during his reign.
King Mswati III, who is commonly referred to as Ngwenyama or “the lion”, is widely recognised for his numerous wives andlove of traditional dress. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya