- MDC ALLIANCE VP Welshman Ncube agrees with the judges yesterday that Chamisa is not the legitimate leader of the MDC -T.
- MDC Alliance VP Ncube confronted Komichi and Mwonzora on "the Zanu-PF" strategy to destroy the main opposition through the courts.
- 1 680 PRISONERS-53 women and 1 627 men prisoners were yesterday released from prisons countrywide under the presidential amnesty.
- POLICE in Bulawayo called as customers fought in mealie meal queues in the city centre and Nketa Suburb
- NATIONAL CHAIRMAN: MORGAN KOMICHI announces removal of Chamisa as President and that all suspensions and dismissals of any party member by the current leadership between February 2018 and today are null and void.
Khaya-Moyo said this as a warning to ruling party officials and supporters whom he said were tussling for positions in the on-going party restructuring exercise. He said he was surprised by the interest generated by the conference.
“The conference cannot amend the constitution. The point is simple; we as the party have structures and the highest organ of the party is the congress, but in between congresses we have the central committee which can make amendments and decisions,” he said.
Khaya-Moyo said the focus of the conference was to look at the resolutions passed during last year’s congress and to focus on the implementation of Zim-Asset.
Khaya-Moyo said there was no point in fighting over positions when the constitution was clear what should be done at any given time.
“We want to know how far we have gone with the implementation of Zim-Asset because that is our economic blueprint. All these other power issues being flighted all over, I don’t know what that is in aid of. Why should we be talking about positions when the constitution is clear…our central focus should be the economy, that is what people want – the growth of our economy,” said Khaya-Moyo.