- BEAVER'S SH*T VANILLA FLAVOURING IN YOUR BAKED GOODS, yep, vanilla flavouring is also made from beavers anal glands, the largest of the rodents.....vanilla anyone?
- US GOVERNMENT PROPOSES CHANGING THE DEFINITION OF A SHOWERHEAD to allow increased water flow, following complaints from President Donald Trump about his hair routine.
- Zimbabwean, Durban SA teen soccer player , was killed on Monday together with an SA colleague in a "drive by shooting" incident.
- (MLO) demands US$100 billion to Gukurahundi victims if gvt pay white farmers US$3,5 billion compensation for their farms.
- BULAWAYO, MHLAHLANDLELA GOVERNMENT COMPLEX, offices evacuated after Agritex had fumigated its offices using hydrogen peroxide without notice to all offices in the block.
POLICE in Bulawayo have arrested a man suspected to be the infamous “skull basher” who allegedly unleashed a reign of terror on residents mugging them and bashing their skulls with stones. At least two residents are thought to have died after Tinashe Siziba from Pumula South suburb allegedly attacked them near Makoni Shopping Centre.
Detectives have linked Siziba to the death of Patronella Zimende, 23, who was attacked at the crime hotspot in March this year and died two days later in hospital. The investigators arrested Siziba on Wednesday after finding him with Zimende’s personal belongings.
Siziba allegedly attacked Zimende, who was employed at Oceans Supermarket, on her way home. The fatal assault occurred less than 100 metres from where another resident, Earnest Ndebele, 65, was killed the previous year.
In March Zimende’s uncle Best Ntini told The Chronicle that his niece collapsed upon entering her home. He said she never uttered a word until her death at the United Bulawayo Hospital (UBH) where she was admitted in the Intensive Care Unit.
Bulawayo police spokesperson Inspector Precious Simango said yesterday:
“We’ve arrested a suspect who is assisting police with investigations. He was arrested after police found him in possession of the deceased’s property.” She urged members of the public to exercise caution while travelling at night.
“We want to urge residents to avoid walking alone at night as this puts them at a risk of being robbed or even killed. “As police we will maintain our presence in communities through our patrols,” she said.
Sources said Siziba went to crime scene indications and showed police where he had hidden some of Zimende’s belongings after killing her. The area near the shopping centre had become a no-go-area after dark as residents were stabbed, robbed or killed.
The councillor for the area, Siboniso Khumalo, lauded the police for arresting the suspect. He said residents had become hostages in their own homes because of the crime spree around the shopping centre.
“The police did a wonderful job. We want to commend them for a job well done. Our hope is that he gets a stiff sentence like those given to the Cowdray Park rapist robbers. Residents were now living in fear because of his criminality. It’s also good that the residents assisted the police by providing information that led to his arrest,” said Clr Khumalo.
He urged members of the public to avoid travelling alone at night. The eight criminals who committed a spate of robberies, rapes, car jackings and unlawful entries in Cowdray Park were early this year sentenced to a combined 629 years in jail. Nqobile Tshili. source- Chronicle