- AVERAGE 65 % of Bulawayo patients suffer mental disorder, mostly drug addiction related, among other issues, cited as a major causes.
- PINT OF BEER GOES UP from $8 to $12, while a 750ml bottle has gone up from $12 to $20
- 'NKAYI MAN (20) arrested for raping a woman (80) after hitting her with an iron bar'.
- Registrar General Committee to vet people who deserve passports, an illegal and a violation of the Zimbabwe constitution
- MATEBELELAND, vow to shut down Nursing schools over tribal recruitment exercise in place of locals, no lessons until locals are recruited.
Zanu PF Secretary for Finance in the Politburo, Obert Mpofu reportedly donated 20 000 litres of diesel towards the annual conference in Masvingo, state broadcaster reported.
Every year, the party’s conference caps the year with such a spectacular show of might with rich top brass competing to show their net worth.
According to ZBC, Mpofu who is also Marco-Economic Planning and Investment Promotion minister offered 20 000 litres of diesel.
It is not clear whether the fuel was from his personal wealth.
About $4 million would be spent on the conference which ends tomorrow The party reportedly secured more than 12 000 blankets and over 7 000 beds for the delegates.
Masvingo residents and businesses are also cashing in on the gathering with most of them expecting brisk business from thousands of delegates.
Several dozens of cattle, goats, sheep, chickens, pigs and even wildlife will lay their lives at the Zanu PF sacrificial alter to be consumed by no less than 7 000 senior party officials who are gathered in the ancient city to scheme ways of remaining in power.
Around the city and beyond are drought-stricken rural communities. source-bulawayo24