- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
Two Burmese men , Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo have been found guilty over the murder of two British tourists Hannah Witheridge, 23, from Norfolk, and David Miller, 24, from Jersey.
Following a highly publicised trial, Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo have been sentenced to death over the murder of the two British packers on holiday on the southern Thai island of Koh.
The bodies of the two British packers were found on a beach on 15 September 2014.
Controversy in the trial arose after the two accused withdrew their original confessions over the murders arguing that the Thai police had forced convictions from them through torture.
Three judges in a Thai court in Koh Samui, ordered that the two accused should face the death penalty after finding them guilty, whilst prosecutors in Thai, feel that there has been a miscarriage of justice, due to inconsistencies in the case because DNA did not match samples taken from the men.
The prosecutors say that Thai police mishandled the accused men’s confessions and this was typical of the “systematic abuse” of migrants in the area. By Sibusiso Ngwenya