- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
- 134 MORE DOCTORS DISMISSED AFTER 77 WERE FIRED last week for absenteeism. So far 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted and 211 doctors found guilty.
- A KAGUVI BARRACKS soldier Aaron Taurai Mlambo committed suicide using his service gun, an AK 47 rifle after shooting his wife Evelyn Madawo (24) and injuring her 41-year-old mother Nomari Madawo following a misunderstanding in Manyame Park, Chitungwiza. Paul Ngwenya
- CHIVI SOUTH MP KILLER ZIVHU pays for driving lessons for 100 sex workers and homeless people, claiming that it is training them in a skill that can empower them
- ACCIDENT: 1DEAD-MNANGAGWA'S NIECE,(ZMF) president Ms Henrieta Rushwaya was involved in an accident just outside Kwekwe
Zimbabwe’s new import regulations, that remove various goods from the Open General Import Licence (OGIL) by placing a ban on imports means unscrupulous businesses mainly Zanu PF enterprises,run by Mugabe, Zanu PF stalwarts, securocrats , Zim1 family businesses such as Gushungo dairies, Alpha Omega enterprise, and Vice President Phelekezela’ Mphoko’s choppies supermarket chain become the sole providers of certain products and can charge extortionate prices upon the desperate consumers.
It is obvious to any fool that restricting the importation of such necessary basics as petroleum jellies, shoe polish, synthetic hair products and foodstuffs such as vegetables, bottled water, coffee creamers, baked beans, peanut butter and yoghurts will only serve to to starve the market, thereby fueling the black market supplies which we all know, will be operated by Mugabe, Zim1 family , Zanu PF stalwarts and securocrats.
It is obvious that border jumping or illegal border crossing, along with corruption by Zimra officials at border posts, will all rise as a way of circumventing this new development, hence a rise in crime and corruption.
The recent public protests demonstrate that, a united people can actually collapse the business empires of ‘Black oppressors of Blacks’, by boycotting their shops and products. We the people of Zimbabwe, have the power to make a difference,through such initiatives as #PeoplePower! #Sesijikile / #Tajamuka!, …DISCUSS! By Sibusiso Ngwenya