- 'Light-skinned Asian man in his mid-20s, stabbed a 10-year-old boy in front of his mother in the area of Belper Street, Leicester'
- ZANU-PF- Matemadanda says the United States and Britain, alleging that the two powers were meddling into Zimbabwean politics.
- SA PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA must use his African Union (AU) chairmanship to intervene on the never ending Zimbabwe deepening political and economic crisis.
- HWANGE YESTERDAY RECEIVED A TOTAL OF 139mm rainfall in just three hours which overwhelmed the drainage system causing flash floods. 35 families were affected by the heavy rains and flooding mainly in Number 1 and Sinderela villages.
- THE ZIMBABWE NATIONAL ROADS ADMINISTRATION (Zinara) has terminated contracts for nearly 100 cashiers, allegedly to plug leakages at tollgates.
Zimbabwe’s new import regulations, that remove various goods from the Open General Import Licence (OGIL) by placing a ban on imports means unscrupulous businesses mainly Zanu PF enterprises,run by Mugabe, Zanu PF stalwarts, securocrats , Zim1 family businesses such as Gushungo dairies, Alpha Omega enterprise, and Vice President Phelekezela’ Mphoko’s choppies supermarket chain become the sole providers of certain products and can charge extortionate prices upon the desperate consumers.
It is obvious to any fool that restricting the importation of such necessary basics as petroleum jellies, shoe polish, synthetic hair products and foodstuffs such as vegetables, bottled water, coffee creamers, baked beans, peanut butter and yoghurts will only serve to to starve the market, thereby fueling the black market supplies which we all know, will be operated by Mugabe, Zim1 family , Zanu PF stalwarts and securocrats.
It is obvious that border jumping or illegal border crossing, along with corruption by Zimra officials at border posts, will all rise as a way of circumventing this new development, hence a rise in crime and corruption.
The recent public protests demonstrate that, a united people can actually collapse the business empires of ‘Black oppressors of Blacks’, by boycotting their shops and products. We the people of Zimbabwe, have the power to make a difference,through such initiatives as #PeoplePower! #Sesijikile / #Tajamuka!, …DISCUSS! By Sibusiso Ngwenya