- ZIMBABWE:All bodies are to be treated as COVID-19 contaminated and all burials will now be done within 24 hours
- CORONAVIRUS-New York records 630 deaths in a single day with deaths rising to 3,565 in the state and 113,704 positive cases,
- CORONAVIRUS-BORIS JOHNSON has written to opposition party leaders, to come together in the national interest against Covid-19
- COVID -19: Gove confirms deaths of 7 NHS staff, warning, whatever the weather 'don't go outside to lakes and the countryside .
- 14 of 15 Ethiopians arrested, while hiding at a Gwanda homestead one week, failed to cross into SA due to Covid-19 border closure of Beitbridge Border Post
Zimbabwe’s new import regulations, that remove various goods from the Open General Import Licence (OGIL) by placing a ban on imports means unscrupulous businesses mainly Zanu PF enterprises,run by Mugabe, Zanu PF stalwarts, securocrats , Zim1 family businesses such as Gushungo dairies, Alpha Omega enterprise, and Vice President Phelekezela’ Mphoko’s choppies supermarket chain become the sole providers of certain products and can charge extortionate prices upon the desperate consumers.
It is obvious to any fool that restricting the importation of such necessary basics as petroleum jellies, shoe polish, synthetic hair products and foodstuffs such as vegetables, bottled water, coffee creamers, baked beans, peanut butter and yoghurts will only serve to to starve the market, thereby fueling the black market supplies which we all know, will be operated by Mugabe, Zim1 family , Zanu PF stalwarts and securocrats.
It is obvious that border jumping or illegal border crossing, along with corruption by Zimra officials at border posts, will all rise as a way of circumventing this new development, hence a rise in crime and corruption.
The recent public protests demonstrate that, a united people can actually collapse the business empires of ‘Black oppressors of Blacks’, by boycotting their shops and products. We the people of Zimbabwe, have the power to make a difference,through such initiatives as #PeoplePower! #Sesijikile / #Tajamuka!, …DISCUSS! By Sibusiso Ngwenya