- COMMAND HEALTH:President Mnangagwa has appointed RTD Gen VP Chiwenga as Minister of Health and Childcare with immediate effect.
- 'OFFENCE-DRIVING WHILE BLACK'- UK COPS STOP BLACK PLAYER for driving posh car
- ZANU PF Secretary for Administration Obert Mpofu who had said, "Hashtags come and go, but ZANU PF (@ZANUPF_Official) endures beyond the trending. Actually, we are the trend-setter. Above all, #ZimbabweanLivesMatter in the heart of ZANU PF's existence. This will remain beyond the trending."
- BEITBRIDGE Border Post closed yesterday after 5 Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) employees, tested positive for COVID-19
- MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW, ZANU PF Harare South MP Tongai Mnangagwa tests Covid-19 positive
Zanu-PF Masvingo Province has passed a vote of no confidence on the party’s Acting Chairman, Paradzai Chakona over a number of allegations that include abuse of party resources
The vote of no confidence on Chakona was passed on Friday at a provincial executive committee meeting.
The party’s Secretary for Administration in Masvingo Province Ezra Chadzamira announced the decision during a Provincial Coordinating Committee (PCC) meeting held this Sunday.
Among the allegations levelled against Chakona are abuse of party resources, imposition of candidates during the district elections and working with ousted former Vice President Joice Mujuru
“We found that there were many allegations against Chakona and we found that he was no longer worthy of to be Acting Chairman. We will send a written report to the party leadership,” Chidzamira said.
Amasa Nenjana has replaced Chakona.
Meanwhile, Zanu-PF Politburo member, Joram Gumbo, who attended the meeting, urged Masvingo Province to quickly conclude the party’s restructuring exercise.
“We should conclude the restructuring . Time is not on our side. Thank you for the job well done so far in ensuring that the party grows as shown by the increasing numbers of party supporters. It is therefore important for party members to be remain united,” he said.
Politburo member and Minister of Masvingo Provincial Affairs, Shuvai Mahofa, warned the party members to desist from working with the opposition.
The meeting was attended by the party’s provincial leadership. Source: zbc