- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
- ZIMBABWE ARMY AND POLICE have sealed all access into the capital city Harare, with no civilians being allowed into CBD
- '180 COVID-19 DEATHS at Kettering General Hospital with three more Covid-19 deaths bringing the total now to 180 deaths'
- ZANU PF POLITICAL RE-EDUCATION-Advocate Thabani Mpofu has been detained overnight at the Rhodesville Police stn in Harare after being charged with a crime of perjury.
The Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) has fired former chief executive officer Happison Muchechetere and former General Manager (Finance) Elliot Kasu.
The corporation has also dismissed on three months’ notice former General Manager (Radio Services) Allan Chiweshe and Head (Finance) Ralph Nyambudzi.
The four were found guilty of various charges that were committed during their tenure spanning from 2009 to 2013.
In a statement, ZBC board chairperson, Father Gibson Munyoro said the actions and behaviour of the four contributed to the destruction of the national broadcaster and the desperate financial depression it is facing.
Father Munyoro also said his board is cleaning up all destructive elements within the corporation and opening a new page on which a new story of ZBC shall be written.
“We believe it is possible for a parastatal to be run on the basis of good moral values, the principles of good governance and professional and effective business strategies,” Father Munyoro said. “This is what we want ZBC to be, and it is indeed becoming that.”
Muchechetere was dismissed together with the ZBC Board in 2013 by the new minister of Media, Information and Broadcasting Services, Professor Jonathan Moyo on various allegations including abuse of office. Source: zbc