- ZANU-PF DEPLOYS ex ministers who were dropped from Cabinet to the party headquarters where they will take up full-time jobs.
- AFTER SEIZING, G40 kingpins Jonathan Moyo and Robert Zhuwawo farms, state seizes Kasukuwere's Concorpia Farm in Mazowe.
- CHAMISA 'holed up' at Matapi Police Station as dozens of Mbare residents were attacked by machete wielding Zanu-PF youths, baying for his blood
- AN army camp commandant, Luxwell Ngara (51) responsible for the maintenance of the Defence House, arrested by Zacc charged with fraud.
- HARARE COUNCIL failing to provide clean water to the residents suspends three senior water engineers
The Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) has fired former chief executive officer Happison Muchechetere and former General Manager (Finance) Elliot Kasu.
The corporation has also dismissed on three months’ notice former General Manager (Radio Services) Allan Chiweshe and Head (Finance) Ralph Nyambudzi.
The four were found guilty of various charges that were committed during their tenure spanning from 2009 to 2013.
In a statement, ZBC board chairperson, Father Gibson Munyoro said the actions and behaviour of the four contributed to the destruction of the national broadcaster and the desperate financial depression it is facing.
Father Munyoro also said his board is cleaning up all destructive elements within the corporation and opening a new page on which a new story of ZBC shall be written.
“We believe it is possible for a parastatal to be run on the basis of good moral values, the principles of good governance and professional and effective business strategies,” Father Munyoro said. “This is what we want ZBC to be, and it is indeed becoming that.”
Muchechetere was dismissed together with the ZBC Board in 2013 by the new minister of Media, Information and Broadcasting Services, Professor Jonathan Moyo on various allegations including abuse of office. Source: zbc