- MAUSOLEUM"We want you to lead this country from your grave, while you lie at the National Heroes Acre,” Gucci Grace
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA constructing a mausoleum at the National Heroes' Acre hill top where the former leader will be buried,
- At least 11 HEADS of state, 8 ex African Presidents had by yesterday confirmed their attendance at Mugabe’s State funeral service
- MUGABE , DEAD: 'A diarrhoea outbreak spreads across Harare, with hundreds affected', Harare Health Services dir Chonzi
- 22 injured after kombi with school children did not give way, and collided with a car at the intersection of Luveve and Masiyephambili roads in Emakhandeni, Bulawayo.
The Beitbridge accident that has killed twelve people and injured 45 when an MB Transport bus they were travelling in collided head on with a haulage truck today 45 km outside Beitbridge town has been declared a national disaster.
From left Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere, State Security Minister Kembo Mohadi and CPU Beitbridge chairman Simon Muleya.
Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere, who has since arrived in Beitbridge together with State Security Minister Kembo Mohadi, said the deceased would get a State assisted funeral with each family getting $200 cash.
13 victims in a critical condition have been transferred to Bulawayo while another 13 with minor injuries have been discharged. 19 victims are still admitted at Beitbridge Hospital and are said to be in a stable condition.
The bus was coming from Harare on its way to the border town.
The bus hit a donkey and swerved into the lane of the oncoming truck killing 10 passengers on spot. Two more people died on admission at Beitbridge Hospital.
– by Thupeyo Muleya. Source: the herald