- 'MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW BUSINESSMAN Kuda Tagwirei is on oxygen, fighting for his life in (ICU) due to covid-19 '
- ZIMBABWE'S TWO VICE PRESIDENTS Constantino Chiwenga and Kembo Mohadi are off sick due to covid
- EX-MINISTER , Mashonaland East governor Chigwedere (81) has died from covid complications
- ZIMBABWE ON ALERT AFTER COVID 'FROM BATS' then locust pests sweeping through Namibia decimating grasslands, trees and 50 000 hectares of crops.
- SA GOVERNMENT is developing an electronic vaccination data system (EVDS) to assist with the roll-out of Covid-19 vaccines across the country.
The Beitbridge accident that has killed twelve people and injured 45 when an MB Transport bus they were travelling in collided head on with a haulage truck today 45 km outside Beitbridge town has been declared a national disaster.
From left Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere, State Security Minister Kembo Mohadi and CPU Beitbridge chairman Simon Muleya.
Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere, who has since arrived in Beitbridge together with State Security Minister Kembo Mohadi, said the deceased would get a State assisted funeral with each family getting $200 cash.
13 victims in a critical condition have been transferred to Bulawayo while another 13 with minor injuries have been discharged. 19 victims are still admitted at Beitbridge Hospital and are said to be in a stable condition.
The bus was coming from Harare on its way to the border town.
The bus hit a donkey and swerved into the lane of the oncoming truck killing 10 passengers on spot. Two more people died on admission at Beitbridge Hospital.
– by Thupeyo Muleya. Source: the herald