- BRIGADIER CHARLES KANETA (64) has died
- BREAKING NEWS:-The Queen has died
- Liz Truss: 56th UK prime minister installs allies in key cabinet roles.
- JOMA BUS ROLLS BACK and crashes at Boterekwa gorge killing a passenger
- FORMER NSSA boss Rob Vela sues RnB superstar Joe Thomas for US$368,00 after artist snubs mega birthday bash
The Beitbridge accident that has killed twelve people and injured 45 when an MB Transport bus they were travelling in collided head on with a haulage truck today 45 km outside Beitbridge town has been declared a national disaster.
From left Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere, State Security Minister Kembo Mohadi and CPU Beitbridge chairman Simon Muleya.
Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere, who has since arrived in Beitbridge together with State Security Minister Kembo Mohadi, said the deceased would get a State assisted funeral with each family getting $200 cash.
13 victims in a critical condition have been transferred to Bulawayo while another 13 with minor injuries have been discharged. 19 victims are still admitted at Beitbridge Hospital and are said to be in a stable condition.
The bus was coming from Harare on its way to the border town.
The bus hit a donkey and swerved into the lane of the oncoming truck killing 10 passengers on spot. Two more people died on admission at Beitbridge Hospital.
– by Thupeyo Muleya. Source: the herald