- UNITED STATES LAUNCHES a five-year $35 million program that will offer services to 250,000 HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children, 59,500 households, and 15,000 vulnerable youth.
- MURDER: INYATHI MAN (42) , JAILED 17 YEARS FOR KILLING A BAR PATRON in a dispute over 20 cents
- 'MDC ALLIANCE TENDENCY TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IS DISGUSTING'- Zanu-PF Director in the Commissariat, Retired Colonel George Nare
- VP CHIWENGA URGES ZANU PF SUPPORTERS WHO JOINED MDC UNDER MUGABE , to return home and assist in developing Zimbabwe as there is no hope in the opposition.
- SOLDIER ARRESTED AFTER SHOOTING HIS NIECE AND DAUGHTER in a failed attempt to shoot his wife for denying him sex.
A 70-year-old woman from Mbuso Village in Ward 11 Kezi was undressed , stabbed, raped , had her clothes stuffed in her mouth and was hanged by an unidentified man last week in Kezi.
Maritha Ncube from Mbuso Village in Ward 11 was found undressed with her clothes stuffed in her mouth. It is suspected the stuffing was to muffle screams.
According to a police source, detectives found her body with stab wounds hanging from her hut’s roof trusses.
“The post mortem indicated that she was raped,” said the source.
Had it not been for a neighbour who reported that Ncube was mysteriously missing – her body could have already decomposed by now.
“A neighbour got worried after not seeing the granny outside doing her household chores for two consecutive days and thought maybe she was not feeling well. Therefore, she paid her a courtesy call and got the shock of her life after finding her lifeless body hanging precariously from the roof,” said the police source.
Efforts to get a comment from Matabeleland South police spokesperson Philisani Ndebele were fruitless. Chief Bango’s secretary Peter Dube confirmed the incident.
“I received a matter of a 70-year-old woman who was raped before she was murdered. Police are dealing with the matter but I hear the culprit has not been caught. We hope that the police will soon apprehend him,” said Dube.
Source – bmetro