- 'ONLY THIRTY' attend Movement for Democratic Change formation led by Thokozani Khupe at their manifesto launch in Harare
- PHOTOS OF TOYAL HIGHNESSES THE DUKE AND DUCHESSOF SUSSEX, WEDDING PHOTOS-was a special one indeed as she smiled throughout, the wedding,
- ROYAL WEDDING, TO BE WATCHED BY OVER ONE BILLION PEOPLE WORLDWIDE Die hard Royal fans, in their thousands are streaming to the Windsor area in London, for space to watch the historical event as Megan Markle marries Prince Harry at St Georges Chapel
- A CUBANA de AVIACION Boeing 737-200 has crashed with 104 people on board on takeoff from Havana's Jose Marti International Airport.
- MASS SCHOOL SHOOTING AT SANTA FE HIGH SCHOOL IN USA, leaves ten dead
A 70-year-old woman from Mbuso Village in Ward 11 Kezi was undressed , stabbed, raped , had her clothes stuffed in her mouth and was hanged by an unidentified man last week in Kezi.
Maritha Ncube from Mbuso Village in Ward 11 was found undressed with her clothes stuffed in her mouth. It is suspected the stuffing was to muffle screams.
According to a police source, detectives found her body with stab wounds hanging from her hut’s roof trusses.
“The post mortem indicated that she was raped,” said the source.
Had it not been for a neighbour who reported that Ncube was mysteriously missing – her body could have already decomposed by now.
“A neighbour got worried after not seeing the granny outside doing her household chores for two consecutive days and thought maybe she was not feeling well. Therefore, she paid her a courtesy call and got the shock of her life after finding her lifeless body hanging precariously from the roof,” said the police source.
Efforts to get a comment from Matabeleland South police spokesperson Philisani Ndebele were fruitless. Chief Bango’s secretary Peter Dube confirmed the incident.
“I received a matter of a 70-year-old woman who was raped before she was murdered. Police are dealing with the matter but I hear the culprit has not been caught. We hope that the police will soon apprehend him,” said Dube.
Source – bmetro