- NGWENYAMA "the lion" KING MSWATI III renames Swaziland as the 'the Kingdom of eSwatini' which means the "land of the Swazis'
- 'MDC Alliance major partner, MDC-T is demanding that its partners must step up and show that they deserve constituencies they were allocated in the alliance agreement, because members of the alliance are mere briefcase parties not bringing supporters '
- USA PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TWEETS "very good news" after 'Rocket man' North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un decision to stop missile launches and shut down its nuclear test site.
- ARSENAL staff and the players were on Friday in a state of profound tears and shock after Wenger disclosed that after 22 years at the helm, this will be his last season as he steps down.
- PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA leaves the Commonwealth summit in Britain, early to deal with "Service Delivery" protests in Mahikeng South Africa
A 70-year-old woman from Mbuso Village in Ward 11 Kezi was undressed , stabbed, raped , had her clothes stuffed in her mouth and was hanged by an unidentified man last week in Kezi.
Maritha Ncube from Mbuso Village in Ward 11 was found undressed with her clothes stuffed in her mouth. It is suspected the stuffing was to muffle screams.
According to a police source, detectives found her body with stab wounds hanging from her hut’s roof trusses.
“The post mortem indicated that she was raped,” said the source.
Had it not been for a neighbour who reported that Ncube was mysteriously missing – her body could have already decomposed by now.
“A neighbour got worried after not seeing the granny outside doing her household chores for two consecutive days and thought maybe she was not feeling well. Therefore, she paid her a courtesy call and got the shock of her life after finding her lifeless body hanging precariously from the roof,” said the police source.
Efforts to get a comment from Matabeleland South police spokesperson Philisani Ndebele were fruitless. Chief Bango’s secretary Peter Dube confirmed the incident.
“I received a matter of a 70-year-old woman who was raped before she was murdered. Police are dealing with the matter but I hear the culprit has not been caught. We hope that the police will soon apprehend him,” said Dube.
Source – bmetro