- UNEMPLOYMENT crisis as Chamisa has dismissed 145 MDC employees, security personnel, directors, coordinators and office orderly who were recruited by Morgan Tsvangirai
- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
EX-ZIMBABWE NATIONAL ROAD ADMINISTRATION (Zinara) boss Chitukutuku’s US$20m assets frozen as he is given a 30-day ultimatum to account how he acquired an array of immovable and movable assets worth over US$20 million by High Court judge Justice Erica Ndewere who ordered a freeze of the assets pending finalisation of the criminal case by the head of the police’s Asset Forfeiture Unit (AFU).
The State claims Chitukutuku may have acquired his property through criminal activities, hence the need to have the same frozen.
Chitukutuku reportedly acquired 10 tenmotor vehicles from September 2013 to April 2018, including Mazda T35 trucks, a Hino Dutro truck, Toyota Land Cruiser, Toyota Prado, Nissan NP200, Range Rover, Hino Ranger and a Land Rover Discovery, residential properties namely: Property measuring 4 048 square metres held under Deed of Transfer 3232/11 situated at Lot 1 of Lot 3 of Lot 56A Borrowdale Estate, Harare and another one measuring 8 853 square metres held under Deed of Transfer 3885/11 situated at Lot 3 of Subdivision C of Subdivision B of Subdivision D of Nthaba of Glen Lorne,built or acquired a multi-million dollar thatched precast-walled house at the top of a mountain at Belmont Farm, Goromonzi, six state-of-the-art fowl runs, five tractors, a 10-tonne UD truck, 4 x 200-litre PVC water tanks, as well as several structures at the farm, numerous expensive properties, owned two renowned companies, Farm Pride (Private) Limited situated at 49 Kent Road, Chisipite, Harare and an insurance company, Champions Insurance, which boasts of assets estimated at over US$15 million on a combined income of US$8 500 from Zinara as well as his farming activities. Sibusiso Ngwenya. source herald