- 'EMBATTLED MDC-T VP Khupe approaches Justice ministry, demanding for US$1,8 million Political Parties Finance Act (PPFA) to be channelled to her faction'.
- APPROXIMATELY 30,000 PEOPLE ATTENDED TODAY'S MARCH AGAINST RACISM IN LONDON in an expression of unity against a rise in racism, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.
- GRACE MUGABE NOW HAS A NEW GRAND DAUGHTER BORN TO her son Russel Goreraza's South African girl friend Dineo Gwendoline
- ANDREW NGWENYA a.k.a ANDY MURIDZO was hauled before the courts yesterday after he was involved in a hit-and-run accident that damaged three cars.
- A MUZARABANI WOMAN ALLEGEDLY THREW HER SIX WEEK OLD BABY on Wednesday down a blair toilet after a paternity row with her husband .
‘EDiot WANTS ME TO ENDORSE HIM, WHAT WILL I BE ENDORSING -Hypocrisy? Brutality against the people, killing and battering of children (CIO and police officers) who worked with me? No, no, no; I’m not an Ediot’.-MUGABE
Former president Robert Mugabe has told his associates that he will not negotiate with his successor, President Emmerson Mnangagwa, because he is unhappy about the way he was toppled, it was revealed yesterday.
Former Cabinet minister Ambrose Mutinhiri, who last week met Mugabe after dumping Zanu-PF and giving up his Marondera West parliamentary seat, told The Standard in an exclusive interview that he does not see the once bosom buddies smoking the peace pipe.
Mutinhiri is leading a Zanu-PF splinter party that has received an endorsement from Mugabe, much to the chagrin of Mnangagwa.
“You know what, when this issue came up at my meeting with president Mugabe last Sunday, he was emphatic and unequivocal about his position. Let me recall what he told me about this,” the former Mashonaland East Provincial Affairs minister said. Qouting Mugabe speaking about Mnangagwa’s alleged overtures, Mutinhiri said the 94-year-old politician charged that “ED thinks I am an idiot.
“How does he think I believe their claim that they are about upholding the legacy of the president, my legacy, when I’m down because of them and when they have been dragging me in the mud?
“People, especially in Zanu-PF, want honest holders of the legacy of the president and they condemn hypocrisy, they condemn military brutality against the people.”
He went on to say: “ED says he wants me to endorse him, what will I be endorsing? Hypocrisy? Brutality against the people?
“The killing and battering of children (CIO and police officers) who worked with me? No, no, no; I’m not an idiot.
“The political and illegal arrests must stop if the military regime is true to its claims that it is about upholding the legacy of the president. Why is it doing these injustices?”
Mutinhiri also claimed Mugabe and his wife are not members of the National Patriotic Front (NPF), a party formed by former Zanu-PF members not happy about the long-time ruler’s ouster.
He claimed exiled Zanu-PF members that were linked to the G40 faction such as Jonathan Moyo, Saviour Kasukuwere and Patrick Zhuwao were not NPF members.
Mugabe was pushed out of power by the military in November last year and was replaced by Mnangagwa.
The former Zanu-PF leader had fired his then deputy a few days before the dramatic military takeover.
Source – the standard