- UK coronavirus: record daily death toll of 938 in 24 hrs, as PM Johnson faces a 4th night in an Intensive Care Unit in Hospital
- 'HOLDERS OF IMMIGRATION PERMITS AND VISAS which expire during the Corona virus lockdown can continue to stay'- Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage said Statutory Instrument 83 of 2020
- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
The grisly incident happened last Tuesday outside Vulindlela Flats.The suspect identified only as Mpofu was coming from a beer binge at Madlodlo bar with a Nyathi.
According to eyewitnesses, as the pair reached Vulindlela Flats a scuffle ensured over the woman known as maSiziba and a regular at the popular Madlodlo bar.
Mpofu accused Nyathi of messing around with his small house.
“During the scuffle Mpofu drew out a small axe from his pocket and struck Nyathi on the head.
“He quickly hid the axe and fled the scene leaving Nyathi in deep pain and blood gushing out,” said Buhle Nyoni.
Other eyewitnesses said Mpofu was heard saying Nyathi is too stubborn and should stay clear of his lover.
Source – Stephen Jakes. Bulawayo 24