- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
GEORGE HW BUSH, THE 41st US PREIDENT and father of George W Bush, son of a senator, celebrated World War II combat pilot, student athlete, Texas oilman, Republican congressman, national party chairman, pioneering diplomat and spy chie has died aged 94.
According to CNN Born into privilege and a tradition of service, Bush was a son of a senator, celebrated World War II combat pilot, student athlete, Texas oilman, Republican congressman, national party chairman, pioneering diplomat and spy chief. After his own 1980 presidential campaign came up short, he served two terms as Ronald Reagan’s vice president before reaching the pinnacle of political power by winning the 1988 presidential election, soundly defeating Democrat Michael Dukakis.The Republican served as commander-in-chief from 1989 to 1993 and eight years later watched his son also become the country’s leader.
The elder Bush had also been a Second World War hero, Texas congressman, UN ambassador, CIA director, and was Ronald Reagan’s vice-president between 1981 and 1989.
Family spokesman Jim McGrath said the 41st president died shortly after 10pm on Friday.
George Herbert Walker Bush is survived by five children and their spouses, 17 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren, as well as two siblings.
George W Bush, who was the 43rd president, issued a statement following his father’s death.
In it, he said: “Jeb, Neil, Marvin, Doro, and I are saddened to announce that after 94 remarkable years, our dear Dad has died.
His death comes less than eight months after his wife Barbara died . They had been married for 73 years.Mr Bush had vascular parkinsonism, a form of Parkinson’s disease, and used a wheelchair or motorised scooter for the last six years of his life.
Mr Bush was also vice president of the United States from 1981 to 1989.
During the Second World War, he became the youngest naval pilot at the age of 18 following Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbour.
He flew combat missions from the aircraft carrier USS San Jacinto and won the Distinguished Flying Cross.
In 1944, he was shot down over the Pacific and after desperately paddling his life raft away from a Japanese island and with enemy boats sent out to capture him, he was rescued by a US submarine. yahoo