- CHIPINGE Lushof ,white farmer JF Johannes (36), mistook his black employee for a stray dog and shot him
- CHIEF CHARUMBIRA loses more land to Nemanwa clan following government's decision to upgrade Nemamwa headmanship to a chieftainship
- HUAWEI the heart of political controversy and espionage allegations in UK, US and West, donates ICT equipment to UZ
- Zimbabwe Teachers Association (Zimta) with a membership of 40,000 has now withdrawn from the Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions (ZCTU) on the grounds that ZCTU operates on partisan politics.
- ZIMBABWE GIVES OUT EXPIRED HIV /AIDS PILLS -Tenolam which expired in June 2018 , saying they are fine
A top Zipra ex-combatant, John Gazi has had his farm invaded by Zanu PF supporters on the outskirts of Bulawayo.
The invaders claimed the farm is too large for Gazi.
The Zanu PF supporters began allocating each other portions of the 1 000-hectare Honey Bird Kop Farm, about 40km along the Bulawayo-Plumtree road, on Tuesday and continued with the exercise yesterday.
A Mangena, who was leading the pegging exercise, said Gazi was lucky to have been left with the farmhouse and a portion of the farm.
“You are lucky Gazi, others have been left with nothing. At least, you should be grateful for the farmhouse and the other portion of the farm that we have left you with. We are going ahead, pegging the farm for distribution to other land seekers,” he said.
On being confronted by Gazi, Mangena said: “This is a lawful exercise, as this farm has since been acquired by the State.”
The land invaders destroyed a fence surrounding the farm to gain entry after they found the gates locked.
Gazi, yesterday, vowed to resist the invasion of his farm in the courts.
He has also written to War Veterans minister Christopher Mutsvangwa to assist a “fellow colleague and block this invasion”.
“I am not going anywhere and they will fail in their attempts to evict me. They once tried to grab my farm in 2006 and they failed. I will employ all possible means to block this attempt to grab my property,” Gazi, who was once charged with treason in 2011, said.
He was accused together with exiled Paul Siwela and Charles Thomas as members of Mthwakazi Liberation Front for conspiring to incite Zimbabweans, or a section of them, into rising against the government through distributing flyers with inflammatory messages. Source: Southern Eye