- AVERAGE 65 % of Bulawayo patients suffer mental disorder, mostly drug addiction related, among other issues, cited as a major causes.
- PINT OF BEER GOES UP from $8 to $12, while a 750ml bottle has gone up from $12 to $20
- 'NKAYI MAN (20) arrested for raping a woman (80) after hitting her with an iron bar'.
- Registrar General Committee to vet people who deserve passports, an illegal and a violation of the Zimbabwe constitution
- MATEBELELAND, vow to shut down Nursing schools over tribal recruitment exercise in place of locals, no lessons until locals are recruited.
GRACE Mugabe has called former Vice President Joyce Mujuru a demon, warning her to stay away from trouble as she could expose her.
The First Lady was speaking at a Zanu PF Women’s League rally at Murombedzi Growth Point in Zvimba, Thursday.
Clad in party regalia, Grace also took a swipe at white people who are mourning the recent killing of lion Cecil by an American dentist.
She was accompanied by several government officials including home affairs minister, Ignatius Chombo, lands minister Douglas Mombeshora, mines and development minister Walter Chidhakwa and several legislators.
President Mugabe’s wife said Mujuru must not make any mistake this time because she (Grace) can blow the whistle.
“When I went to Mashonaland East, the demon that I was talking about is Mai Mujuru.
“She thought Robert Mugabe would stop me, but I have my own weight as a member of Zanu PF,” Grace boasted.
She added: “I know that she is a war veteran but being a war veteran does not give you room to make noise.”
The First Lady said she initially did not intend to expose Mai Mujuru in public, claiming the former VP hired some people to disrespect her during her ‘Meet the People Rally’ in Bindura last year.
She also boasted about what she sees as Zanu PF’s strength.
“Zanu PF is a party that takes care of its people. Whether the people like it or not, Zanu PF will continue to rule Zimbabwe,” she said.
Ahead of the ruling party’s December congress last year, Mujuru appeared set to succeed Mugabe but tables turned when Grace led a vicious campaign against her and her allies.
Eventually, Mujuru and a number of Zanu PF stalwarts were fired from the party on allegations of plotting to oust Mugabe.
Mujuru’s nemesis, Emmerson Mnangagwa, was largely seen as the chief strategist behind the former VP’s demise. The view was cemented when Mugabe went on to appoint Mnangagwa as one of his VPs.
Recently, Mugabe revealed that former VP Mujuru’s husband the late Solomon Mujuru planned his ouster.
The late General died in a suspicious inferno at his Beatrice farm four years ago. source-newzimbabwe
photo- Dr Joice Mujuru, President Robert Mugabe and Dr Grace Mugabe