- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
- FORMER BRITAIN DEPUTY PM LORD John prescott has been hospitalised after suffering a stroke.
According to disgruntled Bulawayo province members, the MDC leader Nelson Chamisa presided over a “chaotic” provincial congress in Bulawayo where some MDC party members accuse Chamisa of manipulating the process to favour some candidates on the grounds of ethnicity.
“The national council met on Monday and received the recommendations of the appeals committee that the congress should be done afresh and those recommendations were adopted,” said a source.
The national congress, Bulawayo province is then expected to re-do their congress and elect the provincial executive.
After the chaotic congress, losing Bulawayo provincial executive aspirants challenged Nelson Chamisa and accused him of manipulating processes to achieve his desired outcome.
In a letter to the party’s national executive, The 12 losing candidates, in a letter, blamed Nelson Chamisa and Chibaya for the chaotic congress adding that interference by Nelson Chamisa and Chibaya benefited Mr James Sithole’s camp. Mr Sithole was elected Bulawayo provincial chairperson.
The Bulawayo members further argued that the provincial congress was illegal as it did not adhere to the MDC party processes, conduct and procedures.
Last week, disgruntled MDC officials gave Mr Chamisa a hostile reception to Bulawayo city by painting graffiti at the party’s provincial offices denigrating him for alleged dictatorship and tribalism.
Nelson Chamisa was in Bulawayo city for the MDC party’s provincial caucus where contestants vying for posts at the MDC party’s scheduled congress were presenting their manifestos.
Some of the messages written on the walls and gate to the party provincial office include, “Chamisa ule nketha betshabi (Chamisa you are tribalistic), “Chamisa usubulele i MDC” (Chamisa you have destroyed MDC), “Chamisa a worse dictator”, “Chamisa uyadelela” (Chamisa you are disrespectful) among other derogatory and inflammatory messages. Sibusiso Ngwenya-Source – chronicle