- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
- ZIMBABWE ARMY AND POLICE have sealed all access into the capital city Harare, with no civilians being allowed into CBD
- '180 COVID-19 DEATHS at Kettering General Hospital with three more Covid-19 deaths bringing the total now to 180 deaths'
- ZANU PF POLITICAL RE-EDUCATION-Advocate Thabani Mpofu has been detained overnight at the Rhodesville Police stn in Harare after being charged with a crime of perjury.
- AMERICA BURNS AS BLACKS FIGHT SYSTEMIC RACISM, see photos as protests spread across US over George Floyd death.
DA’s new black leader Mmusi Maimane has lashed out at the African National Congress and President Jacob Zuma, saying under Zuma’s leadership South Africa has experienced a massive decline in living standards, News24 reported.
Maimane was speaking at the Eastwood Hall in Pietermaritzburg on Saturday as he concluded a three-legged schedule which began in KwaMashu Township, Durban, moved to Howick in the Midlands before concluding in Pietermaritzburg.
“What we see is that Zuma has managed to build a massive house for himself, where his cattle enjoy a better life when compared to many people in this country, and this is not the dream we had for South Africa underand Thabo Mbeki,” said Maimane.
He accused the ANC under Zuma of failing in many areas, including education, crime, corruption and unemployment as one the biggest challenges facing the country. Source: news24