- 85 UK COVID -19 DEATHS in the last 24 hours, total 45,053 deaths across all settings.
- 'UNITED NATIONS SAYS , ZIMBABWE'S POLITICAL polarisation, poor governance and a fragile economy have exacerbated people's discontent with government, adding Mnangagwa should address the root cause of the problems rather than engage in excessive use of force '.
- FORMER ZIMBABWE DEPUTY AMBASSADOR TO TANZANIA in the 1980s, Stanley Chabvepi (68) died last week and was buried over the weekend at his rural home in Mufuka village under Chief Marozva in Bikita.
- FORMER ARMY COMMANDER, VICE-PRESIDENT CONTANTINO CHIWENGA AIRLIFTED BACK TO CHINA amid reports his troubling health had deteriorated, and he has missed two Cabinet meetings and a Zanu-PF politburo meeting, among other high-profile events.
- MASVINGO CITY PLACED IN FULL LOCKDOWN BY POLICE to contain the spread of COVID-19.
As the economic climate in Zimbabwe gets more unforgiving, a number of prominent citizens are failing to service their debts, resulting in many of them losing their assets. Last week, the Sheriff of the High Court announced the upcoming sale of household property belonging to former Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) chief executive, Happison Muchechetere, after he failed to settle a US$24 000 legal bill to a Harare law firm, Dube Manikai and Hwacha. Muchechetere, whose…Read More