- COMMUTERS stranded as Bulawayo kombis withdraw service in protest against fuel price hikes and unfair competition from government Zupco buses.
- WAKE UP ZIMBABWE, no one will come to your rescue,-liberate yourselves by making the nation ungovernable
- BULAWAYO Galen House Medical centre founder, former Bulawayo councillor, Dr G. Ferguson, (89) died at Mater Dei Hospital on Monday
- MDC NATIONAL EXECUTIVE, upholds the appeals against Bulawayo and Mashonaland Central provincial congresses.
- Trevor Ncube says 'Zimbabweans demanded removal of 1:1 exchange rate so they must feel the pain of liberalising fuel price by removing 1:1 exchange rate'.
The jailed two , MDC T are ward 1 and ward 5 candidates Mlandu Ncube and Felix Mhaka (ward 5) along with MDC T party activist Erick Gono.
A man on the wanted by the law, is Kunashe Muchemwa, who also recently received the same conviction by the court on account of the same charges, is still on the run from the law, with an arrest warrant, out for him.
Khupe’s faction was at the time in control of the party’s Bulawayo provincial offices. Khupe’s personal assistant, Witness Dube, suffered a deep cut on the head during the skirmishes.
It is reported that the wanted man, Muchemwa along with 12 other people who included the Bulawayo deputy mayor Gift Banda were arrested over violence at the MDC-T Bulawayo office in a fight allegedly between Khupe and MDC Alliance supporters battling for control of the MDC T party offices in Bulawayo when the party founder Morgan Tsvangirai died earlier on this year.
The court has acquitted eight of them.
it is also reported that the same Muchemwa was in 2014 arrested along with other MDC-T members for robbery and theft for reportedly hijacking a a Matabeleland North MDC T vehicle belonging to MDC T party provincial chairperson, Sengezo Tshabangu, whom they accused of being a member of the opposition Tendai Biti-led MDC Renewal Team. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya.