- 'MDC-T Spokesperson Obert Gutu banned from setting foot at the party's Harvest House headquarters by a group of party youths calling themselves The Vanguard'
- Zimbabwe is experiencing a new beginning aimed at achieving political and economic gain. The media are powerful growth accelerators if handled correctly and we the media have the power to bring positive change
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) has appointed Ms Faith Mazani as its new Commissioner-General with effect from 1 February 2018
- "MDC T being the largest opposition must lead by example in picking a leader. As per MDC T Constitution elect leaders at Congress and not handpick them?'-Temba Mliswa
- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
Zanu-PF First Secretary President Emmerson Mnangagwa has urged Zanu-PF party members to beef up preparations for harmonised 2018 elections to ensure a clear victory for the revolutionary party..hmmn as if Zanu pf has ever lost in the last almost four decades in power. This is set to be a very interesting ballot for everyone as it will be the first time in almost 40 years that Zimbabwe holds an election without Mugabe’s name on the ballot paper and sadly due to ill health on the part of Morgan Tsvagirai the MDC T leader, we may for the first time in 20 years not have his name too on the ballot paper. It looks like the big fish both in the ruling and opposition camps have finally set the ball rolling for big changes in Zimbabwe’s political dispensation.
However to the Discerning eyenewzimbabevision, as exciting as this looks, we really need to steam ahead and catch up with global village in accepting,women leaders, youthful leaders, all tribes and all races as potential leaders and steer clear of this false belief that Shona and Ndebele are the only two tribes in Zimbabwe. They are no more important than the other 14 languages recognised by Zimbabwe’s new constitution . Its just that they always draw the nation back because of their age old hatred towards each other dating back as far as 19Voetsek! They are simply the noisiest lot drowning unity, progress and development with their failure to unite and work together progressively for the benefit of all races, all tribes, our children, descendants and future. Its time we as a nation realise that anyone any tribe, race or gender can lead Zimbabwe to prosperity. Mugabe has fallen, iwe neni tinebasa, next Mnangagwa , Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats must fall and we restore democratic civilian rule by the people of Zimbabwe.DISCUSS! By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photo-Zimbabwe’s new president Emmerson Mnangagwa in a dark suit, with VP Chiwenga (L) in photo and VP Makhado (R)