- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
– freedom to seek, receive and communicate ideas and other information;
– freedom of artistic expression and scientific research and creativity and
– academic freedom
The MDC welcomes the announcement by the Broadcasting Authority of Zimbabwe (BAZ), that twelve (12) digital television channels will soon be launched in Zimbabwe.
It is frightening and indeed, very depressing news to learn that the ZBC, a public broadcaster that has, over the years, hopelessly and dismally failed to operate as a genuine and non-partisan national broadcaster, has already been allocated half of the twelve(12) additional channels without going to an open public tender.
The world over, dictatorial regimes abhor genuine media freedom.
The Zanu PF regime is a classic example of a dictatorship. Everything about this regime revolves around one man and one man only and this is none other than the nonagenarian, Robert Gabriel Mugabe. As the MDC, we can bet our bottom dollar that the Zanu PF regime will never, ever agree to situation whereby there is genuine media freedom in Zimbabwe.
Gone are the days when governments could rigidly control and manipulate the media in an endeavour to suppress reportage of corruption and other acts of misdeed and impropriety in high public offices; including the security services. In this modern age, there is a phenomenon that is known as citizen journalism.
If the Zanu PF regime has got nothing to hide, why are they so paranoid when it comes to their iron-fisted hold on and control of the electronic media? The regime knows that the electronic media, particularly radio, is a powerful tool of mass communication. This is the main reason why the crumbling Zanu PF regime is determined to maintain its fascist control over the electronic media.
The people of Zimbabwe deserve to be allowed to fully and genuinely exercise their fundamental right of freedom of expression.
Source: Obert Gutu – MDC-T national spokesperson