- 10 ZIMRA OFFICIALS, SEVERAL CUSTOMS AGENTS arrested for 'smuggling vehicles into Zimbabwe-102 vehicles recovered so far'
- 'FORMER Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko seeks presidential immunity from prosecution arguing that his rights are being trampled upon '
- MAN CHARGED WITH DISORDERLY CONDUCT in a public place after dressing his dog in a t-shirt emblazoned with Mnangagwa's face.
- ACCIDENT-5DEAD, 11 injured in kombi crash after the driver lost control near Morgenster Mission Hospital Wednesday morning.
- NEWSDAY INTERVIEW WITH 'AIPPA/ POSA ARCHITECT self-exiled Jonathan Moyo, attempting to appear the victim of a coup that never was'
China has always supported Zanu-PF since the liberation struggle days in the 1960s and 1970s mainly for its own interest.
Vice-President Emmerson Mnangagwa disclosed the new form cooperation between the two parties in an interview with China Central Television-Africa (CCTV) last week.
The CPC has a close relationship with Zanu-PF dating back to the liberation struggle when the Asian country assisted liberation fighters with training and military equipment. It helped Zanu-PF controversially win the 2013 elections.
Mnangagwa said the latest cooperation between Zimbabwe and China would further strengthen political and economic ties between the two countries.
Mnangagwa said Zanu-PF and the CPC had agreed on exchange programmes both in the women’s and youth leagues.
Recently a United States Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights and International Organisations, during a hearing on Zimbabwe, expressed concern about allegations China was building a military base in eastern Zimbabwe.
Defence minister Sydney Sekeramayi has denied the allegations. Source: the independent