- UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE 2019 class of graduating medical students to boycott their graduation due to be capped by President Mnangagwa.
- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
China has always supported Zanu-PF since the liberation struggle days in the 1960s and 1970s mainly for its own interest.
Vice-President Emmerson Mnangagwa disclosed the new form cooperation between the two parties in an interview with China Central Television-Africa (CCTV) last week.
The CPC has a close relationship with Zanu-PF dating back to the liberation struggle when the Asian country assisted liberation fighters with training and military equipment. It helped Zanu-PF controversially win the 2013 elections.
Mnangagwa said the latest cooperation between Zimbabwe and China would further strengthen political and economic ties between the two countries.
Mnangagwa said Zanu-PF and the CPC had agreed on exchange programmes both in the women’s and youth leagues.
Recently a United States Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights and International Organisations, during a hearing on Zimbabwe, expressed concern about allegations China was building a military base in eastern Zimbabwe.
Defence minister Sydney Sekeramayi has denied the allegations. Source: the independent