- PROVINCIAL CIO Intelligence Officer , Joseph Mbwanyo, passed away this morning after having tested for Coronavirus. In 7 days Zimbabwe has lost prominent figures including Keith Guzah, Norman Mataruka, Sam Malaba, Perrance Shiri and Colonel Mugwisi
- GLOBAL FINANCIERS SHUT OUT ZIMBABWE, AND THE MILITARISED MNANGAGWA ZANU PF
- BULAWAYO POLICE ABDUCT NOMAGUGU MATHUTHU, Zimlive EDITOR, MDUDUZI MATHUTHU'S SISTER ...to force Mduduzi out of hiding and hand himself over to the police.
- ZIMBABWE POLICE JUSTIFY EXPECTED SHOOTING OF CIVILIANS ON 31ST JULY BY CLAIMING -‘249 armed people threaten to burn fuel stations on Friday’
- PAC (PRESIDENTIAL ADVISORY COUNCIL), FORMER AGRIBANK CEO , Somkhosi Mahamba Temba Malaba has died.
The Constitutional Court on Wednesday ruled that criminal defamation was void at law, after journalists challenged the validity of Section 96 of the Criminal Codification and Reform Act.
Chief Justice Godfrey Chidyausiku, together with a full bench of the Constitutional Court granted the application by the Media Institute of Southern Africa (Zimbabwe), NewsDay deputy editor Nqaba Matshazi , freelance journalists Godwin Mangudya and Sydney Saize and Rodger Stringer.
The court said a 2015 judgment on criminal defamation in favour of former Standard editor Nevanji Madanhire and Matshazi, which was granted on terms of the old constitution was valid in terms of the new charter. source-newsday