- PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS SIGNED THE LARGEST-ever US financial stimulus package, worth $2tn (£1.7tn), as the country grapples with the coronavirus pandemic.
- BREAKING NEWS: CRISIS: PM Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus and is self-isolating in Downing Street at a time of global health crisis
- DYSON HAS RECEIVED AN ORDER FROM THE UK government for 10,000 ventilators to support efforts by the country's National Health Service to treat coronavirus patients.
- US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP HAS ORDERED GENERAL MOTORS TO MAKE VENTILATORS ventilators for coronavirus patients after attacking the car giant's chief executive.
- Ex ZANU-PF YOUTH LEADER Godfrey Tsenengamu, who was expelled , pleads for forgiveness from the people of Zimbabwe as he claims to have seen the light.
The Constitutional Court on Wednesday ruled that criminal defamation was void at law, after journalists challenged the validity of Section 96 of the Criminal Codification and Reform Act.
Chief Justice Godfrey Chidyausiku, together with a full bench of the Constitutional Court granted the application by the Media Institute of Southern Africa (Zimbabwe), NewsDay deputy editor Nqaba Matshazi , freelance journalists Godwin Mangudya and Sydney Saize and Rodger Stringer.
The court said a 2015 judgment on criminal defamation in favour of former Standard editor Nevanji Madanhire and Matshazi, which was granted on terms of the old constitution was valid in terms of the new charter. source-newsday