- BETWEEN 50 000 AND 100 000 ZIMBABWEANS WILL DIE OF CORONAVIRUS in the next months, Bulawayo Mpilo Clinical Director Solwayo Ngwenya has foretold.
- INFORMATION MINISTRY PERMANANT SECRETARY NICK MANGWANA has hinted at a total lockdown of Harare and Bulawayo following a spike in Covid-19 positive cases in the two cities.
- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
- A POLICE OFFICER , Constable Cosmas Kwangwari, based at Chivhu Police Station died on the spot on Friday after he was run over by a haulage truck which had six passengers on board and was evading a roadblock at the 136-kilometre peg along the Harare-Masvingo Highway.ble
ZIMBABWE and Liverpool legend Bruce Grobbelaar has shed tears over the chaotic state of local football and says he is more than ready to help in reviving the wounded game, first as Warriors coach and then as Zifa president.
Grobbelaar told Standardsport in an interview last week that total transformation was needed, beginning with the purging of the current Zifa leadership to create ground for a fresh start.
Capped 33 times as Zimbabwe goalkeeper in a two-spell Warriors career between 1980 to 1985 and 1992 to 2000, Grobbelaar has worked four times as Warriors player-coach.
The Canada-based 57-year-old is currently goalkeepers’ coach at Ottawa Fury in the North American Soccer League.
Grobbelaar, however, said he would only take up the Warriors job under a new Zifa administration and after guarantees of healthy working conditions were made.
“If Zifa approaches me, I will not decline to come as a coach,” said Grobbelaar.
“They have to convince me so that I can commit myself to build the team for the 2019 and 2021 Africa Cup of Nations [Afcon], as well as the 2022 World Cup. The contract should be drawn by lawyers and payments coming every month. So if they want me, I will not say ‘no’ but all must be stable and financially secure for that vision.
“Now that we are out of the 2018 World Cup, the new coach should start as soon as possible to build the team for the 2022 edition, get the Under-17, 20s and 23s to play regularly.” – Source-The standard