- ZIMBABWEAN TWINS, JAILED 14 AND 15 YEARS FOR RAPING AND SEXUALLY ASSAULTING an 11-year-old girl over a period of several months in UK
- ARTISANAL MINERS, ATTACKED AND INJURED EIGHT PEOPLE WITH MACHETES IN ESIGODINI IN A a three-day gold war that saw two alleged gold barons being arrested.
- SO , ZEC CHAIRPERSON JUSTICE PRISCILLA CHIGUMBA HAS A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH ZANU PF CABINET MINISTER Winston Chitando. This presents a clear conflict of interest: if Zanu PF loses the election her lover will lose his job. She must do the right thing and resign. Ndatenda
- DOMBOSHAVA MAN ( 38) ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTEMPTING to kill his three children by poisoning them.
- BULAWAYO MAN ARRESTED FOR ASSAULTING WIFE AND SHAVING HER HEAD WITH AN OKAPI KNIFE after she followed him to a sports bet shop to stop him from "wasting money."
A ZIMBABWEAN court has set Martha O’Donovan, an American citizen, who was arrested last year and charged with subverting a constitutional government and undermining authority of or insulting Robert Mugabe, the country’s former President, free after Harare Magistrate Nomsa Sabarauta removed O’Donovan from remand.
Ever since Zimbabwe, in a bid to silence social media by establishing the Ministry of Cyber Security, threat Detection and Mitigation in October 2017, no one had been arrested apart from an American citizen Martha O’Donovan.
O’Donovan was charged with organised social media campaigns aimed at overthrowing or attempting to overthrow the then Mugabe’s Zanu pf regime.
Prosecutors alleged that Martha O’Donovan “systematically aimed to incite political unrest in Zimbabwe using social media platforms including Twitter accounts as Magamba Network Trust, @Matigary and OpenParlyZw
Prosecutors went on to claim that Martha O’Donovan undermined the then Zimbabwe President Mugabe’s authority or insulted him using a Twitter message ‘We are being led by a selfish sick man’ along with an image of Robert Mugabe with a catheter.
The prosecutors deemed the message as abusive, indecent, obscene and aimed at undermining the authority of or insulting deposed President Robert Mugabe.
Martha who was arrested on Friday 03 November 2017 went on to be charged with subverting a constitutional government as defined in Zimbabwen law, section 22(2)(a) (1) of the Criminal Law (Codification and Reform) Act, Chapter 9:23 and also undermining authority of or insulting Zimbabwe’s President in contravention of section 33 of the Criminal Law (Codification and Reform) Act, Chapter 9:23. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya.