- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
It never rains but pourrs for the MDC T president Nelson Chamisa, who rode to the leadership of the party after the death of the founder and leader Tsvangirai through power grabbing in an unconstitutional manner, that has so far led to resignations, infighting and divisions in the once united MDC T party.
The real crisis for Chamisa arose from the fact that he was an unelected Vice president and grabbed power to push out the other two elected Vice presidents , Mudzuri and Khuphe, leading to Khuphe, Gutu and Bhebhe breaking away.
This left MDC T in a crisis of publicly failing to respect its own constitution, disregarding women in power and according to some, clearly a tribalist selection of unconstitutional leadership.
That aside, Nelson Chamisa, by his own admission told the people that he and Tendai Biti had travelled to USA to call for sanctions to be maintained, the very sanctions that had created the mess that has brought Zimbabwe to where it is today.
He told the electorate that the sanctions would only be lifted if they vote for the MDC ALLIANCE, typical coercion, vote for us or else!
Nelson Chamisa in a recent rally, told the people that if they vote for the MDC ALLIANCE, they would have spaghetti type of roads, airports and bullet trains brought to the villages.
On Saturday again, Nelson Chamisa was in Bulawayo at an MDC ALLIANCE rally, where Gutu , a lawyer said many people were bussed from around the country to give the false image of mass following and that the same people are constantly bussed around rally to rally to maintain the falsehood.
As if this was not enough controversy, it is now also reported that the, MDC-T President Nelson Chamisa lied to when he said that he had met with the family of the late nationalist and Zimbabwe Vice president Dr Joshua Nkomo , even going on to claim that he was promised to be given the popular rod which Joshua Nkomo famously always carried inin public.
The late Nationalist leader Joshua Nkomo’s son, and Sibangilizwe Nkomo refuted the claims by Chamisa and emphasised that theJoshua Nkomo family is hurt and absolutely angry at Chamisa’s utterances.
Sibangilizwe Nkomo said that this was very disrespectful of the Nkomo family and its traditions.
Nkomo was clear in stating that no one from the Nkomo family ever met with the MDC T president Nelson Chamisa or discussed with him anything to do with the late Father Zimbabwe, Joshua Nkomo’s sacred rod.
Sibangilizwe said “We are absolutely angry at Chamisa’s lies and disrespect of the Nkomo family,”
“No one has ever discussed my father’s rod,”. “In fact, very few of us know where that rod is and talking about it the way Chamisa did is a serious taboo to the Nkomo family,” he said.
“That rod is not anything to play around with. It liberated this country, it saved people’s lives and Chamisa is just too young to even talk about it let alone claim it,” said Nkomo.
“We can not as a family stoop so low as to take the head of the entire Nyongolo family and give it to a stranger. What is so special that Chamisa has done to deserve to be given Dr Nkomo’s rod or any rod by the Nkomo family.”
“Chamisa is just too young for this issue. His father and even his grandfather and his ancestors respect that rod, who is he to claim it?” Nkomo said angrily.
Nkomo said that Chamisa did not even visit the Joshua Nkomo home in Pelandaba which is a stone throw away from White City Stadium where he held his rally.
“Chamisa visited the Joshua Nkomo museum in Matshamhlophe which is a public place under the responsibility of the Parks and Museum Department not the Nkomo home in Pelandaba where I and the Nkomo family reside,” said Nkomo. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya. source-zimpapers