- 'FORMER LIB DEM LEADER AND ALSO FORMER BRITISH VICE PM, lands six figure Facebook Job at Silicon Valley , Carlifonia USA' .
- BREXIT: 670.000 MARCH IN LONDON...an estimated 670,000 people marched today in an anti Brexit London march.
- CAMEROON COURT REJECTS all legal objections to the presidential polls in Yaounde.
- 'DEMOCRACY? '-MDC NATIONAL organising secretary Amos Chibaya has slammed the door shut on wannabe presidents, saying Nelson Chamisa will go uncontested.
- ZIMBABWE MAJOR CRACKDOWN ON FOREX DEALERS to net Zanu pf bigwigs top executives in banks, companies and State institutions.
OPPOSITION NATIONAL PEOPLE’S PARTY (NPP) leader Joice Mujuru has finally managed to push for a drop of the of the ‘MDC’ prefix in the ‘MDC Alliance’ name and the main opposition party’s logo, as she moots a new grand coalition that would involve at least 84 parties.
The former vice president had refused to be part of the ailing Morgan Tsvangirai-led MDC Alliance over the name, among other issues, arguing it was not neutral.
Last week, she travelled to South Africa (SA) and held talks with Tsvangirai’s two deputies – Thokozani Khupe and Elias Mudzuri – in which they agreed to drop the MDC Alliance name and also the MDC’s open palm symbol ahead of the fast-approaching elections.
Mujuru’s spokesperson, Gift Nyandoro, and MDC secretary-general Douglas Mwonzora, who both attended the meeting of several political parties in the neighbouring country, confirmed that they were working on papers to come up with criteria to choose a new grand coalition leader, as well as fresh name and logo.
Asked if the three MDC officials who went to Cape Town had the blessings of the party and were not acting contrary to Tsvangirai’s aspirations, Mwonzora said the MDC was now packed with “hypocrites”.
“People have gone to America and they did not have the standing committee approval first,” said Mwonzora, referring to the trip to the US by Chamisa,
“The truth of the matter is that after the Chitungwiza rally Chamisa convened a meeting that unanimously resolved that we go to South Africa on Monday I convened the meeting of the presidium and we agreed to go. Chamisa was there. Source Daily News