- (MP) BYO JASMINE KOKS TOFFA REMINDS ZIMBABWEANS THAT VOTER REGISTRATION is still open and calls for the public to register,..see the list of places you can register at:
- 'EMBATTLED MDC-T VP Khupe approaches Justice ministry, demanding for US$1,8 million Political Parties Finance Act (PPFA) to be channelled to her faction'.
- APPROXIMATELY 30,000 PEOPLE ATTENDED TODAY'S MARCH AGAINST RACISM IN LONDON in an expression of unity against a rise in racism, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.
- GRACE MUGABE NOW HAS A NEW GRAND DAUGHTER BORN TO her son Russel Goreraza's South African girl friend Dineo Gwendoline
- ANDREW NGWENYA a.k.a ANDY MURIDZO was hauled before the courts yesterday after he was involved in a hit-and-run accident that damaged three cars.
OPPOSITION NATIONAL PEOPLE’S PARTY (NPP) leader Joice Mujuru has finally managed to push for a drop of the of the ‘MDC’ prefix in the ‘MDC Alliance’ name and the main opposition party’s logo, as she moots a new grand coalition that would involve at least 84 parties.
The former vice president had refused to be part of the ailing Morgan Tsvangirai-led MDC Alliance over the name, among other issues, arguing it was not neutral.
Last week, she travelled to South Africa (SA) and held talks with Tsvangirai’s two deputies – Thokozani Khupe and Elias Mudzuri – in which they agreed to drop the MDC Alliance name and also the MDC’s open palm symbol ahead of the fast-approaching elections.
Mujuru’s spokesperson, Gift Nyandoro, and MDC secretary-general Douglas Mwonzora, who both attended the meeting of several political parties in the neighbouring country, confirmed that they were working on papers to come up with criteria to choose a new grand coalition leader, as well as fresh name and logo.
Asked if the three MDC officials who went to Cape Town had the blessings of the party and were not acting contrary to Tsvangirai’s aspirations, Mwonzora said the MDC was now packed with “hypocrites”.
“People have gone to America and they did not have the standing committee approval first,” said Mwonzora, referring to the trip to the US by Chamisa,
“The truth of the matter is that after the Chitungwiza rally Chamisa convened a meeting that unanimously resolved that we go to South Africa on Monday I convened the meeting of the presidium and we agreed to go. Chamisa was there. Source Daily News