- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
In the run up to the annual Zanu PF Congress to be held in December 2015 at Victoria Falls, the Zanu PF regime has with effect from 9th November 2015, instituted mass transfer of senior staff. The redeployed staff include Senior Assistant Commissioner A. Guvamombe,who will move from the Police General Headquarters (PGHQ) Crime Unit to the post of Officer Commanding the Police Support Unit. Senior Assistant Commissioner T.B Mhiripiri will move from from Police General…Read More