- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
According to NewZimbabwe.com, Chivayo was Friday dragged before Harare magistrate Milton Serima who freed him on bail.
Serima ruled that bail conditions set on his old case, in which he is accused of defrauding the Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC), will apply on his latest case.
The state also applied for his bail conditions to be revoked after he failed to adhere to set conditions by skipping his reporting schedule before police in a case he is being accused of conning ZPC $5 million.
The court will make a ruling on the case this coming Monday.
According to the state, sometime in November 2012, Chivayo connived with Genius Kadungure, also a flamboyant businessman, and created a fictitious company named Transco Civil Engineering (Transco) purportedly based in South Africa. They both opened an ABSA bank account.
The two allegedly opened an email account email@example.com purporting to be Marange Diamonds renting computing space at Hetzner (Pvt) Ltd in South Africa.
Chivayo and Kadungure then contacted the first complainant misrepresenting themselves as buyers at Marange Resources looking for mining pumps.
The pair reportedly gave the complainant an order to supply 10 T-90 Transco-Flo Helical Rotor pumps and referred him to Transco knowing that it was a fictitious company.
The complainant then sent his brother, one Enock Gatawa and 446 900 rands was deposited into the ABSA account and a further 300 000 rands later on the same day.
After transferring the money, Gatawa contacted Transco and was told to go back to Zimbabwe and wait for delivery of the pumps from DHL in three days.
However, Gatawa got a parcel that had cell phone chargers instead and realised that they had been swindled him out of the money.
Chivayo and Kadungure converted 1 046 890 rands to their own use
The second complainant is Dexter Nduna, and using the same modus operandi, Kadungure and Chivayo opened Always on Pumps (Pvt) Ltd and an ABSA bank account before misrepresenting that they were looking for mining pumps.
Nduna was given an order for 20 T-90 Transco-Flo Helical Rotor pumps before being referred to Always on Pumps which was purported to be a reputable supplier. Nduna lost Z535 000 in the deal while Chivayo and Kadungure became evasive.
Chivayo will be back in court on September 17 for his trial.
Source – newzimbabwe