- ZIMBABWEAN TWINS, JAILED 14 AND 15 YEARS FOR RAPING AND SEXUALLY ASSAULTING an 11-year-old girl over a period of several months in UK
- ARTISANAL MINERS, ATTACKED AND INJURED EIGHT PEOPLE WITH MACHETES IN ESIGODINI IN A a three-day gold war that saw two alleged gold barons being arrested.
- SO , ZEC CHAIRPERSON JUSTICE PRISCILLA CHIGUMBA HAS A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH ZANU PF CABINET MINISTER Winston Chitando. This presents a clear conflict of interest: if Zanu PF loses the election her lover will lose his job. She must do the right thing and resign. Ndatenda
- DOMBOSHAVA MAN ( 38) ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTEMPTING to kill his three children by poisoning them.
- BULAWAYO MAN ARRESTED FOR ASSAULTING WIFE AND SHAVING HER HEAD WITH AN OKAPI KNIFE after she followed him to a sports bet shop to stop him from "wasting money."
POLITICIAN and former sports administrator, Temba Mliswa, has warned ZIFA presidential candidates to disabuse themselves of the idea that they can run the affairs of the association using personal funds.
Mliswa’s remarks come after flamboyant businessman and ZIFA presidential aspirant, Phillip Chiyangwa, donated $10,000 to the Warriors after their CHAN qualification.
Chiyangwa is the only candidate to official announce his candidature for the ZIFA post left vacant after the departure of Cuthbert Dube.
Chiyangwa has since personalised one of his cars to ZIFA 1 and is travelling the country soliciting for votes from ZIFA councillors.
Speaking to NewZimbabwe.com, Mliswa said he was still consulting on whether to challenge Chiyangwa for the job.
“Look, people should learn from the mistakes former association president Dube made.
“He (Dube) thought he could use his own money to run the affairs of ZIFA, but what happened at the end.”
Dube often acted as a guarantor when the association borrowed money to enable national teams fulfil their assignments. The former ZIFA president then saw his personal property being auctioned after the association failed to pay the debts.
“One can only run the association successfully if they get the backing from government,” said Mliswa.
“Whoever will be elected should tell the government the honest truth that it will be pointless to enter into international competitions without that the financial guarantee from the government.”
Commenting about throwing his name into the ring and his chances of winning, Mliswa said it will be a foregone conclusion that he would win if he competes with Chiyangwa.
“It’s on record; I have beaten him for the Zanu PF chairmanship of Mashonaland West province even when he was splashing cash to the electorate,” said Mliswa.
Armed with sporting qualifications from New Zealand and United State, Mliswa once worked for Zimbabwe Cricket as a development officer and also the Zimbabwe Rugby Union.
He would later become fitness coach for the national soccer team and also premiership side Caps United. source-newzimbabwe