- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,
Zanu PF United Kingdom Chapter has consoled the over 20 000 workers who lost their jobs after the Supreme Court of July 17 ruled in favour of Zuva Petroleum granting the company permission to fire workers at three months notice. In its FaceBook post the Zanu PF UK said workers take heart.
“The Labour Amendment bill which was gazetted on Friday obligates the employer who heartlessly threw you on the street without even the 3 months notice pay stop and think. Why?” said the chapter. “Because they still have to pay you a month’s salary for each year worked (at the very least). This is so even though they rushed to try to capitalise on the window between the Zuva judgement and State intervention. This is the roll of shame: TN Harlequin, Zimasco, Zisco, Steward Bank, Crest Poultry, Goal Zimbabwe, Clover Leaf, Nyadire Teacher’s College, General Engineering Limited, ZBC, Zimpapers, Metropolitan Bank, MedTech, Zimbabwe Christian College, Windmill, Blueline Dry Cleaners, Zimbabwe Pharmaceuticals, Regency Group of Hotels, ZINARA, Air Zimbabwe, Meikles, CMED, Sino-Zim Cotton, Associated Newspapers, Econet Wireless and Sakunda Logistics.”
The government will soon enact the law which will see companies that ditched workers compensating them and even re instating them if the dismissals were not according to the conduct of the workers. – Seource-bulawayo24em