- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe and his family do not own Alpha and Omega Dairy, which the First Family claims to be theirs at different foras, NewsDay reported. Old-frail-Mugabe-addressing-at-National-sports-stadium The milk processing company, situated at Gushungo Farm in Mazowe, is, however, owned by two private individuals, according to CR14 company documents produced in court yesterday in the ongoing trial of a soldier, Borman Ngwenya, who is accused of plotting to bomb the property. Harare lawyer Abdullah Ismail…Read More